Random Acts of Destruction (1 Viewer)

That's shit. I used to park my car out on Arbour Hill, the only place near us where I legally could. In three seperate incidents I had it keyed, broken into (but nothing taken), and a windscreen wiper ripped off. The final straw was when I went back one day and found a load of cars around me had their windscreens caved in with bricks. Thankfully mine wasn't done that day, but since then I've paid for secure parking.

Ooh, I like just off that road, by Mount Jerome.

We should form our own Thumped Harold's X splinter cell.

I like the idea of our own vigilante group, patroling the neighbourhood in shifts throughout the night just our wits, an overwhelming sense of vengance...... and a baseball bat (or hurley) to protect us.

I like the idea of our own vigilante group, patroling the neighbourhood in shifts throughout the night just our wits, an overwhelming sense of vengance...... and a baseball bat (or hurley) to protect us.

..........taking it in shifts to have our dinner at Mizzonis :)

Can we get a uniform?

A big part of the problem is that the Gards do not give a flying fuck, so the scobes know they can act with near impunity. It emboldens them.quote]

Totally, i didnt even bother reporting it because its just a waste of my time. They arent going to do anything except give you the "well theres really nothing we can do about it now, if you'd really have to catch them in the act" spiel
i mean they expect you to catch the vandels yourself and then bring them down to the station aswell!

the only reason i would have reported it was if my i needed it for an insurance claim but i just found out im not covered so....

A big part of the problem is that the Gards do not give a flying fuck, so the scobes know they can act with near impunity. It emboldens them.quote]

Totally, i didnt even bother reporting it because its just a waste of my time. They arent going to do anything except give you the "well theres really nothing we can do about it now, if you'd really have to catch them in the act" spiel
i mean they expect you to catch the vandels yourself and then bring them down to the station aswell!

the only reason i would have reported it was if my i needed it for an insurance claim but i just found out im not covered so....

I'd still report it.

Seconded. Give those fat lazy bastards something to do, at least.

Well, that and the fact that reports on increases in crime either generally or in specific areas do make an impact. Reporting crimes draws attention (long run) to the fact that they are happening meaning in ten years time there may be less chance that your car is robbed.

It's the same in Galway... I live in Salthill the supposed 'posh' part of town. There's a carpark outside thats free so is always busy. And there's a kids park that at night gets full of kids drinking buckie and most lately setting cars on fire. Had to ring the fire station the other night. It was wierd though there was huge flames and by the time they got out it was gone to smoke instead of getting worse. I know nothing about setting cars on fire but this seemed wierd to me

my mate dee was awoken by a knock on his door early one saturday morning. he opened it to see a garda standing in his drive. the garda asked, 'do you own a nissan micra 94 d blah blah reg?', to which my mate darren replied, 'yes i do!'. the gard then says, 'we regret to inform you that your car was found burned out on the back roads to finglas this morning'. then my mate says 'eh, no it wasn't, you're standing right beside it'.
true story.

dog in the manger
I love that phrase. the spanish version of this translates as: like the gardener's dog who won't eat the cabbages but won't let his master either. como el perro del hortelano que no come las berzas pero no deja something something...

anyway, sorry to hear about your bad luck. scumbags who fuck with other peoples' shit = pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back