Qui (featuring David Yow) Sun Nov 18 (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 50
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 4
fuck that!!! the lizard went on about an hour early. i walked in to see david yow climbing out of the crowd and walking of stage. what a shit buzz. in the point depot on a lovely sunny day with only shit bands ahead. I left. However, the mean fiddler was amazing, as was drinking whiskey with them back stage afterwards.

Ah it was great alright.
Weren't there three dates?
I could have scored at it too, but I was too shy at the time and wouldn't go with yr one to meet her mate. Oh how times have changed.
Feile was a fucking joke that year though. Ya can't have a summer weekend festival without camping. It's wrong.

I did score at it, that was back in the day when I had long flowing curls and piercings and a Donegal accent. Girls loved that shit.

Pulp on the Saturday were, I have to admit, were amazing.

All I remember was:
Afghan whigs were great. Gentleman still a great album, now there's one to discuss in the RAG thread..phew...
Foo Fighters were much better in the SFX earlier in the year.
The Manics were terrible.
And yes the bouncers were cunts.
But I can't remember anyone else playing.
Bar the Jesus Lizard who I think just blew away and after them all the rest of the bands seemed.... well boring

agreed on "Gentlemen". Greg Dullis latest band (Twilight Singers???) are pretty decent as well.

The Manics were great. the Foos were great.

Joyrider played didnt they?

I also got a free ticket for that and I must say Beck was super.But to be honest I was shit faced and hanging around with a bit of a tosser.And all I can really remember is her.Plus I am playing at this gig but I don't give a fuck.Never liked J

esus Lizard anyway.But the rest of the boys are Carrrazzzyyy about them.Morons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

looks like fun.
are many people going then? how much is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1zAI-riTQ

looks like fun.
are many people going then? how much is it?
18.50. i'm going. that feile 96 show was my first ever gig too. jesus lizard had just started when i got in .|..| ... i'm gonna dig out my old metallica creaping death tshirt and skull some cans of cheap cider outside whelans tomorrow night in memory of the occasion

18.50. i'm going. that feile 96 show was my first ever gig too. jesus lizard had just started when i got in .|..| ... i'm gonna dig out my old metallica creaping death tshirt and skull some cans of cheap cider outside whelans tomorrow night in memory of the occasion

didnt see ya there! and its not like you could have hid such was the turnout.
moutpiece were seriously rockin. and an album in the works. nice wan.
Qui were great as well. Yow was top drawer as expected.

The album is amazing, I seriously can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

The album is amazing, I seriously can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

i meant to buy it but the drummer was doing their merch before the gig then packed it up to go play...got shunted into the bar after they finished so couldnt get it then. :rolleyes:

i meant to buy it but the drummer was doing their merch before the gig then packed it up to go play...got shunted into the bar after they finished so couldnt get it then. :rolleyes:

Are we talking about the same album? I was on about the Mouthpiece album.

Are we talking about the same album? I was on about the Mouthpiece album.

oh you were on about the Moutpiece album. ;)

i was talking about Qui.

but yeah after their performance last night i'm looking forward to the Moutpiece album too.

Qui were great as well. Yow was top drawer as expected.
i was there alright. whereabouts were you? i was more or less centre-stage, about 2 or 3 people back (was afraid to get too close in case yow poked me in the eye with his dick or something)

great gig anyway. missed mouthpiece cos it was 9, 9.30 by the time we got into dublin. turnout was really surprising

i was there alright. whereabouts were you? i was more or less centre-stage, about 2 or 3 people back (was afraid to get too close in case yow poked me in the eye with his dick or something)

great gig anyway. missed mouthpiece cos it was 9, 9.30 by the time we got into dublin. turnout was really surprising

ha...thats where i was standing! have you grown a big beard or anything? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back