Qui (featuring David Yow) Sun Nov 18 (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 50
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 4
i'm there for Yow. last time i saw him in ireland was at the point depot!

not sure of the year but it was the friday of the indoor feile thing...and i think the line up went something like...joyrider, the jesus lizard, afghan whigs, beck, manic street preachers, foo fighters.

not sure of the year but it was the friday of the indoor feile thing...and i think the line up went something like...joyrider, the jesus lizard, afghan whigs, beck, manic street preachers, foo fighters.
I have never heard in all my life heard such bad sound as Jesus Lizard had for their set. My first ever gig incidentally .|..|

Ha I was in the point that day too.
T'was the day I meet the dillon family dancers and my life chanced forever.....

yes it was great.
heard the oui album but didn't like it so much.... kinda like seeing tomohawk and all I really wanted was for the guitarist to break into the old lizard stuff...

I was there too, free tickets and all. Might head down for this gig on sunday.

Can we keep talking about feile 96 though? Remember those arsehole who invaded 'the space' when Beck came on, put on their stupid wooly hats and shouted for 'loser' untill he played it and then fucked off?

Wasn't beck shite?
Who (else,ya!) caught a drumstick von Afghans drummer?
Wern't the Foo Fighters great when you were 15?
Wern't the bouncers complete cunts?

Ah it was great alright.
Weren't there three dates?
I could have scored at it too, but I was too shy at the time and wouldn't go with yr one to meet her mate. Oh how times have changed.
Feile was a fucking joke that year though. Ya can't have a summer weekend festival without camping. It's wrong.

Ah it was great alright.
Weren't there three dates?
I could have scored at it too, but I was too shy at the time and wouldn't go with yr one to meet her mate. Oh how times have changed.
Feile was a fucking joke that year though. Ya can't have a summer weekend festival without camping. It's wrong.
3 dates but friday was the only good one. Well the only one my auld fella was willing to sit in the car for while i rawked out,loike

Can we keep talking about feile 96 though? Remember those arsehole who invaded 'the space' when Beck came on, put on their stupid wooly hats and shouted for 'loser' untill he played it and then fucked off?

Wasn't beck shite?
Who (else,ya!) caught a drumstick von Afghans drummer?
Wern't the Foo Fighters great when you were 15?
Wern't the bouncers complete cunts?

All I remember was:
Afghan whigs were great. Gentleman still a great album, now there's one to discuss in the RAG thread..phew...
Foo Fighters were much better in the SFX earlier in the year.
The Manics were terrible.
And yes the bouncers were cunts.
But I can't remember anyone else playing.
Bar the Jesus Lizard who I think just blew away and after them all the rest of the bands seemed.... well boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back