Questions Questions (1 Viewer)

Zita said:
If you were told at the end of your life that you had to live your whole life over, not knowing that you had already lived that life before, would you wish the same life upon yourself?

One of my favourite philisophical questions. Go Nietzche.
i'm confused. if you knew no better, why would it matter? you'd basically be wishing for ignorance. which once you'd achieved it would render your choice irrelevant. to you. which is what matters most. i think.

Zita said:
If you were told at the end of your life that you had to live your whole life over
[size=+2]5. Good and Evil, Life and Death [/size]

The proposed conceptual framework in principle already allows consideration of the basic questions relating to Good and Evil and Life and Death. Of course, too many uncertainties are involved to allow any definite conclusions and one could also regard the speculations as outputs of the babbling period necessarily accompaying the development of the linguistic apparatus making ultimately possible to discuss these questions more seriously. [size=+1] 5.1 Great Vision [/size]

Grand Scenario suggest that the tyranny of time is an illusion created by the time localization for the contents of sensory experience, the local arrow of psycholocal time and the natural self-centeredness of conscious beings. There is no real death (, which already follows from the nonexistence of continuous streams of consciousness). Even more: that this life was perhaps not a success story is not a too big tragedy: there is infinite number of lives in store. Various reincarnations of me in my geometric past could subjectively coexist with me and experience a course of life slightly different from mine. My decisions affect also their life since past is changed in each quantum jump and also their decisions affect me. This endless living again is not just boring repetition: p-adic evolution implies that the new version of my life is in statistical sense (one can indeed use this phrase here!) better than the previous ones. In accordance with the 'ontogeny repeats phylogeny' principle and fractal cosmology of consciouness, this is nothing but recreation of the personal cosmology again and again, making possible gradual personal growth. In this picture one could visualize various me's as localized waves of free will localized to well defined region of spacetime and propagating in time direction quantum jump by quantum jump...............................................

In the following this Great Vision is discussed critically: a more precise definition for what death and reincarnation is proposed and the question whether the continuity of conscious experience between different re-incarnations is possible.

[size=+1] 5.2 How to define the concept of death? [/size]

The concepts of volitional and cognitive determinism are obviously key concepts. The very rough definition of the volitional determinism as a non-determinism having everlasting effect is however un-necessarily strong. Rather, one must replace absolute volitional determinism with relative volitional nondeterminism having macroscopic effect lasting for a sufficiently long time. The meanings of 'macroscopic' and 'sufficiently long' are relative to the spatial and temporal scales characterizing the conscious system in question. The relativized version of volitional determinism makes precognition possible. One must relativize also the notion cognitive non-determinism: relative cognitive non-determinism is located to a finite time-interval and its effects are microscopic. For neutrino cognition this is certainly true. Here one could also consider time intervals longer than the lifetime of the system: this kind of cognitive non-determinism would explain memories extending beyond the lifetime of the individual.

One can clearly distinguish between volitional and cognitive deaths. Volitional death is what certainly occurs and could simply mean that the resources of the volitional entanglement become gradually depleted: it indeed becomes more and more difficult to make radical choices at the older age. The process would presumably proceed from long to short temporal and spatial length scales and stop at the microscopic level. Cognitive death need not occur since cognitive nondetermism is possible also when volitional entanglement is depleted. Therefore it seems that our memories and dreams could continue their existence after our volitional death.

[size=+1] 5.3 Are reincarnations in past possible? [/size]

Reincarnation would mean the regeneration of the resources of the volitional nondeterminism gradually in the geometric past. It seems that volitional determinism in question cannot have ever lasting effect: if this were the case, reincarnation in past would make volitional quantum jumps in the geometric future impossible so that several copies of me could not co-exist subjectively. In particular, the effects of the volitional multifurcation of past me's cannot effect 'me now' since this would mean that I would be unconscious until the moment when the selection between the branches of this kind of multifurcation is made. The fact that the arrow of psychological time seems to be rather strict, suggests that quantum jumps do regenerate volitional nondeterminism in past rather slowly so that the time interval separating various waves of free will could be rather long. In fact, since our volitional actions seem to have effects lasting time of order lifetime it seems that the temporal interval between two me's is of order lifetime at least. Thus in this picture, after some time T , perhaps longer than my lifetime, a new me could well born in the past.

[size=+1] 5.4 Continuity of the conscious experience in reincarnation [/size]

The requirement that there is no death in strict sense means that there is continuity of conscious experience in the transition from a wave of free will representing particular me to its re-incarnation in the geometric past. This would apparently require that it is possible to return consciously back to a new childhood in the geometric past. The time like entanglement related to the cognition implies that there is no cognitive death so that this kind of smooth transition is in principle possible.

The paradigm of 4-dimensional brain implies that memories are re-experienced geometric past. Therefore the fact that some old people relive their childhood and youth suggests that a new copy of the old person in the geometric past has regenerated the needed amount volitional entanglement and has begun to perform active quantum jumps. The cognitive timelike quantum entanglement between the 'old me' and 'newly born me' would allow the 'old me' to some degree to participate to this new childhood. In this process memories would become more and more real and 'reality' would become more and more like memories!

[size=+1] 5.5 What liberation could mean? [/size]

The strong analogies with Buddhism encourage to ask what might the TGD inspired quantum counterpart for the Buddhist concept of liberation. One interpretation is as the achievement of S=0 state without entanglement in neither time- or spatial directions so that there is no need to make active quantum jumps involving choices anymore. Only passive quantum jumps giving rise to objective experiencing of reality occur. An alternative and perhaps more attractive identification is as S=0 entangled state with extended free will and no need to choose between alternatives and to quantum jump to unentangled state: in ideal case all copies of me become S=0 quantum entangled also in time direction and are free to change its quantum entanglement and a complete liberation from the tyranny of time is achieved.
http://www.physics.helsinki.fi/~matpitka/times.html

http://www.physics.helsinki.fi/~matpitka/mainpage.html

dislexik_pnuk said:
i couldnt be arsed reading all that! can you summarise it all in one sentance?
how about a picture

pullin.gif

Donkey OJ said:
i'm confused. if you knew no better, why would it matter? you'd basically be wishing for ignorance. which once you'd achieved it would render your choice irrelevant. to you. which is what matters most. i think.
You've missed the point and I'm not answering on account of how this is a thread about questions, not answers. Google 'Eternal Recurrence' and I'm sure someone else has explained it somewhere on the internet better than I could.

Zita said:
You've missed the point and I'm not answering on account of how this is a thread about questions, not answers. Google 'Eternal Recurrence' and I'm sure someone else has explained it somewhere on the internet better than I could.
k. sounds like a cop out to me but thanks for the google tip.

Zita said:
Oh it's a cop out, for serious. It's the same mentality I used to use for college assignments: "Hmm someone else can explain this better- i just have to search the depths of the Internet for their thoughts and then steal them."
cop outs that come with an admission of cop out are noble things. its good to bear witness to noble things right at the start of the weekend. have a good one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back