qotsa (2 Viewers)

I was very very impressed

That drummer ( Joey Castillo ) was a late replacement for the first Grohl stand in who apparently was dropped two weeks before this tour as he "didn't hit things hard enough".

Cool gig apart from this 6 foot 5 fat fuck in a hat who decided to stand in front of me for most of the gig
:mad:

Originally posted by rothko
I was very very impressed

That drummer ( Joey Castillo ) was a late replacement for the first Grohl stand in who apparently was dropped two weeks before this tour as he "didn't hit things hard enough".

Joey Castillo quit Danzig to that tour. He's a good drummer but it's a dumb move considering it is not a permanant job, and he'll be hard to replace in Danzig .

not saying much, just saying

in conways on parnell street before the gig. mark lanegan walks in. looks 7 ft tall. strides purposefully around the pub, taking in every nook and cranny. comes to stand beside us. hits me with a hard stare. turns and walks back out.

the ambassador, not the best venue. sound was murkier than the muddy banks of the liffey. was it the fault of the pissed up sound techs who raised bottles aloft over monitors with naked ladees pictured on screens? or is it that the ambassador, over a year open still wreaks of an mcd hap hazard, inept cash cow? the crowd were like something matt groenig would sketch. but coming from someone who likes an audience with a twist of lemmy, thats a compliment i guess. queens were spot on, and thats what mattered.

the stage was dark and dingy with three spotliights, sticking with the motif on the new album. the low lighting transformed queens into silhouette. trenchant in sound, keeping band to audience banter to minimum, pedal to the metal they careened through songs for the deaf, touching rated R, and hitting one or two from queens of the stonage. though this is head music, feet tapped, fists punched the air and heads thrashed. the pace slowed for dry ice glimpses at something altogether sinister. a darker figure with a doleful vocal. it is he who provides the balance to oliveri and hommes hedonisim. a match made........under the hanging tree? after reports in the music press that he spoils the party by out staying his welcome, last night lanegan, lingering in the shadows mesmirised and sent shivers up the spine.

this was one of those gigs where with the final note of each song, you rue its passing and realize with horror the inevitability of the final note at journeys end.

Absolutely fuckin rockin .|..| . Great show. I tried not to build this one up too much, but I couldn't help it and I wasn't dissapointed in the end. Mark lanegans prescence was really appreciated. Great that they were playing songs from Queens of the Stone Age and the intro was from the first split e.p. with Kyuss.

What was going on at the end of the show? They locked us in and closed the toilets. So many drunk people stuck in a room, not allowed out and not allowed into the toilets...could have been very messy!!

Big Day Out, Auckland, Jan 17...QOTSA, Foo Fighters and PJ Harvey. I'm going to be there and I'm going to get to do it all again...woooohooo .|..|

it was bleedin' RAPPA, gig o' year
only bad things were the lack of first it giveth, the fact the left hand side of the upstairs balcony was awash with rainwater, only one encorey, and the fact they wouldn't let us stand up. Call me a girl, but the Kyuss bit was used to go to the loo during

Mark Lanegan is a bit of a ride these days also, is he not?

it was fantastic
Josh Homme had the females of Dublin all a-quiver when he said he was there to 'drink and fuck' also
good man.
a grand honest statement I thought.

Originally posted by happy

...i think people have just forgotten what it means to be actually *rocked* by something, for something to actually blow your socks off, for you to say there's nowhere else on earth i'd rather be right now .... you know what i mean?... just music that makes your heart beat faster, makes you excited...

from "When Were You Last Rocked" thread

i'm playing the QOTSA albums now in work
and the more I think about the gig last night
mr. happys sentiments seem to suit it

:)

Definitely one of my best, if not the best gig I've been at. I've rarely been as dissapointed with the lack of a second encore as I was lastnight. Hearing song for the deaf being played live with Mark lanegan singing it just blew me away.

me too, I was gutted that they didn't do a 2nd encore and gutted that everyone seemed to decide that was our lot and begin to leave. We'd have gotten another if we'd made enough noise..

Originally posted by kirstie
We'd have gotten another if we'd made enough noise..

people don't fo that anymore

I've noticed

they all gather up there coats and rush off to a Café Bar for a late Martini or something

days were 30 - 40 mins standing around stomping and hollaring for more was par for the course

alas no more

Quite simply transcendental. It's been quite a while since i've been that exhilerated by a gig. The amazing long jammy soloing pieces. Mark lanegan singing right in front of me. Unbelievable.

Maybe I'm wrong but i thought they did play first it giveth...

Did anyone else think Nick oliveri didn't seem to be to happy on stage?

i think it was nick oliveri's birthday or something wasn't it? birthday boy blues? was this why he kept his clothes on? don't know the man personally like but he seemed to be enjoying it. maybe it was just some erstwhile posing on his part, but we've become so used to the dave grohl school of donkey smiles that nick looked like the skin of his arse was on his face in comparison

Originally posted by kirstie
it was bleedin' RAPPA, gig o' year
only bad things were the lack of first it giveth, the fact the left hand side of the upstairs balcony was awash with rainwater, only one encorey, and the fact they wouldn't let us stand up. Call me a girl, but the Kyuss bit was used to go to the loo during

Mark Lanegan is a bit of a ride these days also, is he not?

these elderly ex-junkies are all the rage i hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back