Putting epiphone pickups in a fender style guitar (1 Viewer)

RayRay

Website
www.myspace.com
I just got this cheapo fender strat type guitar and wanted to know could i put on a gibson type of pickup on it? I know ill need to cut the body a little to fit it but im wondering is it a straight swap electrically?

Ah fuck that Fuckface.

I reckon it'd be one of the handier mods you could do.

Borrow a router to make the hole bigger,then just hook up the two wires on the pick up to the two on the guitar.Put it at the bridge position obviously.

Was gonna do the whole shabang, sand her down and respray her so i wanted to get everything right. Think ill just do what your saying Gazzy and see what happens.

I woke up all motivated today, i found this http://axesrus.co.uk/images/awiring.pdf gonna go with transferring both the gibson pickups to the fender style guitar with just one tone knob. I have a blank scratch plate ordered so the pickups sit snug.

Iv got another question too, the original bridge was a telecast type one (see photo below), it was it bits so i dumped it. I have both a strat and les paul type bridge. If i use the strat one can i just drill the hole so the string hole thingy sits there or do i need the wammey bar thing (i dont care much for the wammey bar)??? Or can i just screw on the les paul one and make it look all wackey and hybrid????

DSCN0470.jpg

Thanx for the input... If anyone cares i went ahead and butchered the pickup part of the wood to fit the 2 epiphone pickups. Made up the electronics to have a 3 way switch with just one volume and tone. I also put the gibson style bridge on it. My mate and i did up a CAD drawing for the scratchplate and he's gonna cut it out with some machine of his in work (he's a fitter turner).

When he gets the scratchplate back to me im gonna put it all back together and rock the fuck outta it. If that works im gonna strip it again and re-spray it. My aul lad is a panel beater by trade and said he'll get the perfect lackered finish no bother. My next project is building a telecaster, you can get the full CAD drawings for cutting the wood and all off the net

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back