Pussy Riot and Brendan O'Connor - BFF's 4eva? (1 Viewer)

It was quite weird all right. Weird above and beyond the stilted nature of it because of the translator. O'Connor is a cock all right, there's no doubt about that (addressing them as "Girls"!), but I don't think they covered themselves in glory either. All his questions were pretty bland, stock stuff that they could easily have used as jumping off points to talk about whatever they wanted. Instead they just seemed to be bored and disinterested. I was hoping Nadja (sp?) would get up off the couch and go over and punch him. That would have livened things up a bit.

prface5.gif

I thought that bit was farcical. They brought him in to translate during the interview and he had a massive row with them backstage. Yet they still brought him out to talk to him. They should have sent him packing.

Maybe so, i geuss everything didnt go as they wanted maybe they like to have everything planed out.

Brendan O'Connor can be a terribile ass though he was really trying to wind up Ann Doyle when he had her on.
I probarbly wouldnt watch him to be honest.

Last edited:
I presume they argued with the translator because of their different positions on the political compass.

He's a feckin' economist, not a translator. One assumes hiring a professional translator whose job it is to translate would have cost in the region of 85 thousand euro so they had to get someone who was willing to do it for some free airtime?

O'Connor is fairly limited as an interviewer but I don't think he was that bad. The girls came across as too cool for school ie. h*******
i.e. Whatnow?

The only thing they shouldn't have done was agree to go on a light entertainment show whose idea of a guest is another presenter talking about his hair transplant.

He mentioned "don't have a domestic". Some people have interpreted this as "BRENDAN O'CONNOR MAKING A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE JOKE" and gone off the rails with their self-righteous mouth foam.
He was making a stupid joke when they could have been discussing a serious issue. Fuck him.

Last edited:
Once or twice O'Connor was having a laugh with the audience about something or other and his just-out-of-the-gulag political prisoner guests looked like they didn't know what was going on.

Just watched it now and I'm with Nigglybits, Nadya was behaving like a spoilt child for the best part of it, why agree to an interview if your gonna sit there huffing and puffing?
The choice of host was the biggest mistake but given they only seemed to be in the country for the day there probably wasn't much of a choice. I've no love for O'Connor but he did well considering what he was up against.

I was only kissing the man so I wouldn't annoy any of the feminists out there. I know feminists don't like kissing men.

Horrific viewing.

I agree they should have interacted more. They should have just caused havoc.

Last edited:
i can't watch it, it's too awkward

from the couple of minutes i watched they seem affable enough, especially given that feckin' awful 'feminists don't like kissing men, do they' opening line

Yeah, when Constantin was introduced before their appearance I got the feeling the Pussy Riot interview was completely off due to some backstage bust-up. I don't know why they'd even want to get him involved unless it was for his translation skills? Pussy Riot should have done their homework as to what kind of show they'd be appearing on, their too cool for school attitude made them look like snobbish dicks.

I agree they could have handled it better but let's not lose sight of who's the bigger cock here. Also, I'm willing to cut someone some slack when they've just spent a year in a fucking gulag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back