Pussy Riot and Brendan O'Connor - BFF's 4eva? (1 Viewer)

i still don't actually understand *why* they were on the show, afaik they're not selling a book or anything. they're not seasoned media performers on a charm offensive, they had no motivation to ignore the patronising treatment they were getting.

was there anything else that had them in ireland? if not, RTE must have spent a fortune getting them over, and it's such a shame it was mishandled so badly

I assumed they were going on some sort tour of the chat-show circuit to embarass and annoy Putin but apparently not ...

I'm probably being paranoid but I really wouldn't be surprised if someone at RTE had an agenda aimed at making feminism look bad. Knights of Columbanus type thing.

Saw their chance for what though? Certainly not to interview them properly with any sort of background research so either stick them on the show purely for ratings or to have a laugh at their expense? The later hardly seems that paranoid to me. Sure it's not like the first words out of O'Connor were to make a mockery of feminism and it's certainly not the case that RTE has an extremely Catholic bias.

It felt like both the band members and O'Connor were painfully aware that this was the wrong vehicle for them to be interviewed on (and his insinuations that they didn't really need the translator were a bit bizarre) but I didn't quite get the cringe factor from it that some have, at least it was questions about prison conditions and the Sochi Olympics / propoganda as opposed to whatever fluff they normally talk about on that show.

Saw their chance for what though? Certainly not to interview them properly with any sort of background research so either stick them on the show purely for ratings or to have a laugh at their expense? The later hardly seems that paranoid to me. Sure it's not like the first words out of O'Connor were to make a mockery of feminism and it's certainly not the case that RTE has an extremely Catholic bias.

Ratings.
I imagine someone from the iona institute would tell you RTE have an anti-church bias, I don't think there's enough competency in the organisation for that.

I didn't see Gurdgiev so couldnt comment on his airs and graces or lack thereof.

The whole thing was a car-crash.
The show is a complete fucking joke, naturally, but surely around 10 minutes of appropriate google search would alert even someone from Russia to that fact?
So why bother going on?
Strange one alright.

I think they fucked up. I mean, most everyone thinks Putin is an utter cunt of a man. They were offered a platform where they could appeal to the Irish people to help them (or whatever) and they sat there like that stupid comic "am I bovvered?" creation. Last time they tried to reach people and get their message across they were sent to jail.
Fucking eejits, imo. And I'd support any fight for equality and freedom anywhere. And especially against a homophobic, racist heckhole like Russia.
When I was watching that KLF vid on the Late Late last week, Joe Elliot is asked for his view on Cauty and Drummond and rolls his eyes and says he used to talk like that to his dad when he was 16.
Pussy Riot were like two girls taking to their dad who were 13.

That just goes to show that Joe Eilliot probably had more sense when he was sixteen than when he became a bloated, pampered, famous, "grown up" rock star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back