Punk Movie Night!! (1 Viewer)

Oh yeh. Put the word out on the street that video night can't be hosted in my supergaff. Ken's bird (I think her name is Aideen) is resitting her Maths Leaving Cert. Tob and I are planning to hang around outside afterwards to chat with the girls, maybe bring a bag or two of Bacardi Breezers. Anyway, she'll be getting... GRINDED THAT NIGHT BY HER BROTHER. As in fucked (in the head with numbers). This is not a joke. Aideen is getting maths grinds from her brother. See?

Punk Movie Night, Thursday 29th April (this Thursday) in Lyncher,Ella's etc gaff in Phibsboro,
at 7.30pm
For directions: phone 087 4134159, e-mail [email protected].
feel free to bring fgodd,ideas etc

1st feature: Bowling for Columbine. 200mins

most people are familiar with this one.
Bowling for Columbine is provocative essay on gun violence in America.
The point of the film is to determine why gun violence, especially that of children on children, is rampant in this country. At first, Moore is guided by the precept that easy access to guns is the cause. And, despite being a card-carrying NRA member, he is more than willing to point the finger at Heston and his cronies. But, along the way, Moore makes a discovery - there are more guns per household in Canada than in the United States, yet the death toll, even when adjusted to consider the unequal populations, is much lower. This forces Moore to conclude that, while the ready availability of firearms in the United States may be a contributing factor to the high number of gun-related homicides, it's not the primary reason.

2nd Feature:3 min short by Anto Dillon:
PunkNews,fictional report of Roscomman punkfest.

3rd feature: Mad max 2 - The Warrior

Unless he returns on a quest for more juice,"The Road Warrior" remains by far,the best of the three Mad Max films.This time around,max eats old Dog Food from rusty tins,and also happens to think a lot about,er,juice.But lots of maniac cut-throat savages,also dream of an oasis of the prized liquid,because in this future,no juice means no car,no car means no food,no food means no life."The Humungus"(literally)-a hockey mask laden fruitcake leader,high priest to be of the various petrolium substances,commands the savages,and also cherishes a single shot polished posh pistol,inside the case of which it comes-a 1920's style photograph,of,er,Mother and Father? Some truly great action scenes,involving some cool car chases,spectacular crashes,and some bizarre ways to meet your'e death.Max does show he has a heart,by helping some people?Enough of that.Presented on this DVD in original aspect ratio of 2.35/1,the picture is somewhat grainy in a lot of scenes,particuarly those distant panoramic Desert shots,but overall,a clean,stable image,with more highs than lows,never distracts the viewer.The sound however,does justice.Guzzling petrol Engines revving,squeels of bizarre deaths,and "The Humungus" speaks.

sorry Corm real slow at getting back to you, not sure of all the Larry Clarke movies we have as they all seem to have gone away for the weekend. You'll find the better ones are written by Harmony Korine and I think one is written by Charlie Kaufman. I know we have Ken Park which I really like. Also have 'Another day in Paradise'. I just bought 'City of God' on DVD and 'Big Wednesday' the best surf movie ever. It's got kids skating around on planks of wood. Got 'Crystal Voyager' too.

It *is* on in my gaff.
You nice guys know where it is. Those that don't will have to tag along with one of the other spastics. No phone numbers or addresses posted here I'm afraid. I'm a closet nazi and it could make life difficult for me.

Is everyone going to walk in and find your living room decorated with a plethora of Nazi memorabilia? Or are you just going to wave out the window at them unaware that an exactly square bit of dirt is making you look like Hitler?

yeah the movie night is tomorrow night in Oly,Aideen's etc gaff. at 7.30.

call 0874134159 if you need directions

the videos are:

First Feature: D.O.A - A Right Of Passage

http://adclient.rottentomatoes.com/adlog.php?bannerid=967&clientid=634&zoneid=38&source=&block=0&capping=0&cb=b2bf0a12113baa2f39a6120d1602898c
A documentary of the strange and often violent world of punk rock. Performances by such lead punk bands as the Clash, the Dead Boys, the Sex Pistols, and Iggy Pop are included, as well as an interview with Sid Vicious.

1981 saw the release of the real documentary D.O.A. (directed by Lou Adler). This film focused on the first Sex Pistols US tour in 1978 and also featured performances by the Dead Boys, X-Ray Spex, Sham 69, Generation X and the Rich Kids as well as a famous interview with Sex Pistols “bassist” and punk legend Sid Vicious and his girlfriend Nancy Spungen, conducted in their bed. In this excellent film, no one makes fools of punks except themselves.

2nd Feature: The Warriors
Heavily stylised, beautifully choreographed thriller set in the lurking shadows of late 70s New York. As kitsch as a Kiss t-shirt

"Warriors, come out and pla-i-ay." Walter Hill's movie opens with a gathering of New York's gangs as one of their leaders appeals for a united front against the police. But then he's shot and in the ensuing carnage The Warriors are framed for the deed. The rest of the film follows the young tribe as they try to make it back to the safety of their Coney Island turf, chased through the city by police and gangbangers alike.

spacer.gif
warriors_lg_03.jpg

Sorry Bout The Short Notice:D

Id go if it was called "a rite of passage"..................... ill get me coat

warriors, *yawn* - isn't that on tv soon anyway?
you should show 'return of the living dead' and 'demons' where punks have cool names like 'Suicide', 'Thrash' and 'Ripper' and not shit ones like 'Damo', 'Cormy' and 'Stephen Doyle'

andrew

Liadain said:
warriors is 15 quid in hmv at the moment
do do be doooo... hooray!

thats far too much to pay do you not realise all the video shops are sellin off there VHS sections for cheap these days. i picked it up for a fiver few weeks ago in Laser. also keep an eye on Chapters on Abbey St. and that other place on Marlboro st.

yeah if anyone is looking for great second hand videos the dillon lad is right chapters is excellant, i got 'they live' there for a fiver, actually if our gaff hosts a video night soon enuff that'll defo be what i'll be forcing people to watch, so fuckin good!

jimbobjones said:
thats far too much to pay do you not realise all the video shops are sellin off there VHS sections for cheap these days. i picked it up for a fiver few weeks ago in Laser. also keep an eye on Chapters on Abbey St. and that other place on Marlboro st.
wah wah wah, that's no good to those of us who don't have videos

Richie o' hanlon has flesh gordon, i think its about a guy called gordon who is the only guy on the planet who can get an erection so all the ladies be wantin some of his cock and all the blokes be jealous, i'm not sure though because i never watched it because it sounds sexist in some way ...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back