Public transport etiquette (1 Viewer)

cephalopod

Website
www.myspace.com
To start with, how come almost every time you attempt to leave a bus, train or tram in this country you come face to face with a herd of dopey looking fuckers ready to trample you underfoot without the decency or the common sense to let those disembarking do so first before they bumrush the show?

To start with, how come almost every time you attempt to leave a bus, train or tram in this country you come face to face with a herd of dopey looking fuckers ready to trample you underfoot without the decency or the common sense to let those disembarking do so first before they bumrush the show?

it comes down to the fact that most people are cunts, common sense/decency arent all that common, and the majority of folks even if the're not cunts, will join the stampede for fear of losing out.

I always reckon that 6pm bus que on a pissing wet evening is a pretty good measure of how thin the veneer of civilisation is!

Nah, most people are sound its just that the annoying/dopey ones stick out more and being around them for sustained periods reduces yr tolerance.

what about escalator etiquette? rarely can i walk down an escalator in this country, idiots all over the gaff on it.

Elevators - all the time in work when I'm about to get out of the elevator, a bunch of people (usually speaking german to each other) wait at the doors to jump in and you have to push through them while they look at you like you're trying to steal their leather trousers. ALL THE TIME. Life in the first world is so damn tough

what about escalator etiquette? rarely can i walk down an escalator in this country, idiots all over the gaff on it.

Rechts stehen, links gehen...just start saying that very loudly whilst you brush past people. I normally do.

i hate the 'travelator' stretch at the airport..it's not a bleedin ride, it's a mechanism to get you from A to B quicker.

Fuckers who make more than one transaction at an ATM when there's a big queue behind them

death is too good for those types

Folks who stack all their stuff on the seat beside them on the bus/train, because they don't want YOU to sit beside them. Even though you WOULDN'T FUCKING DREAM OF IT.

I used to hate taking the train to work, as the station I had to get off at was a couple of stops before the "major" stations - meaning I would have to fight through a compressed mass of people to get near the door, let alone off the train. One morning I got within a few feet of the door, but there was simply no way I could get off the train unless at least one person stepped onto the platform for a sec. After saying "Sorry.. excuse me...er...sorry?" a couple of times and not having anyone bat an eyelid, I had to swear at complete strangers to make any progress. Lovely.

What about people 'holding seats' at the cinema

people who sit in the wrong seats in the cinema wreck my head...cos then you show them yr tickets and they look at ya like yr asking for their first born...

and also people who arrive late and then ask you to move down so they can sit with their mates...fuck off you fuckers!!!!!

Fuckers who make more than one transaction at an ATM when there's a big queue behind them

Or they're just too fucking thick to tap a few buttons correctly and take all fucking night. Or they have to take money out with their mate standing beside them and keep chatting instead of paying a-fucking-tention to the screen.

And stupid cunts in motor tax that can't fill in a form properly before they get to the counter. Or they've changed their name by deed poll and decide that 4pm on a Friday is a good time to go in change the name on their licence.

And how come every time I go to the fucking bank, there's only two people in front of me but both of them are doing twenty transactions apiece, are opening a new account or have not filled in a form correctly and need to be walked through it. And afterwards they don't have the decency to move away from the counter but stand there for ten minutes put shit back in their bag while simultaneously texting someone.

There should be two queues - People who know what they're doing and FUCKING IDIOTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back