public beheading (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
ugh,
i only saw fahrenheit 9/11 for the first time yesterday (while nursing a hangover)
however since watching it i've had a sick feeling in my stomach, because in it, there is footage of a public beheading in saudi arabia.
i really feel totally grossed out by it; and it reminded me of that program on tv of footage taken by undercover journos in afghanistan of those public executions.
yuck....how can people go along to those things? i just dont geddit....i wouldnt really like to watch anyone die, no matter what 'side' they are on...:(

La La said:
ugh,
i only saw fahrenheit 9/11 for the first time yesterday (while nursing a hangover)
however since watching it i've had a sick feeling in my stomach, because in it, there is footage of a public beheading in saudi arabia.
i really feel totally grossed out by it; and it reminded me of that program on tv of footage taken by undercover journos in afghanistan of those public executions.
yuck....how can people go along to those things? i just dont geddit....i wouldnt really like to watch anyone die, no matter what 'side' they are on...:(

speaking about beheadings, this is fairly fucked up
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4387604.stm

One night my friend called me over to the computer to see this really cool video. It was the beheading of Ken Bigley. Felt so sick and horrible after it!

I went thru a phase of heading straight over to Ogrish and watching the beheadings of people kidnapped over there.
Now I have cut it down to just watching the rebel attacks on the US (watching a humvee getting blown to smithereens etc)
Btw 91 US soldiers killed this month alone over there..........Bush has a plan u c
;]

La La said:
ugh,
i really feel totally grossed out by it;

That bit is horrible, although I found it oddly comforting that I was upset when I saw it because it means that those people that say watching violent movies desensitises you to that kind of thing are full of it.

yeah they are full of shit, most definitely. i dont think i'll ever be desensitised to scenes of war and stuff.
hey dunchee, i couldnt believe that indonesian story when i read it; really fucked up and so sad.

i dunno, i mean 3 days on im still getting images of that beheading and it's really disturbing. i remember someone forwarded me a picture there a while back and it was a fucking picture of one of the Zarqawi guys holding up Nick Berg's severed head. (needless to say i dont keep in touch with him anymore)

the execution debate is so complicated, however one thing im sure of with regard to my personal stance is that i dont agree with public execution at all.

and no bernard, i've never really wanted to chop off a motherfucker's head :)

Mostly beheadings happen in countries with a one party state, and or heavily religious overtone. Non attendance is seen as a weakness and lack o. Take the public executions that happened in North Korea last month(and every month). I saw footage of them sneeked out on a dispatches programme last week, the idea runs that f you are seen as a zelot who agrees with the ruler who is doing the executions the you are above suspicion, or in the case of Saudi this is natural progression of Swift Justice that has never really differed from ancient times.Why people turn up to them there would be as natural as us going to the gallery to watch a murder trail.(goulish yes but no one would really raise and eyebrow) Or watching the news in America broadcast live from outside a jail while some guy gets the lethal injection inside. I'm not condoning executions but rather trying to out it into some form of cultural context.

yeah i knoe, what you say makes sense and i agree with you....
i was just so sickened by it; i wonder how people who 'have' to go along to those things manage to function properly?

we're talking about the La La who, upon seeing the kenneth bigley story in the paper, ran outside a rathmines newsagents and vomited

:(

i can understand your point about it being a cultural thing, however the thing im trying to get at is that surely among the throngs that go to these executions there must be some people who must be totally sickened by it, i mean i cant imagine that all spectators enjoy watching someone's head being hacked off? no matter if they've been raised in a different culture...

Oh yeah I would imagine as I said that there are lotts of people that are disgusted by it, the problem being that they live in a country where they do not have the luxury to express that in a vocal way,also as mentioned non attendance may not be an issue to to party politics or religious reasons. Husbands bring wives whoi have little or no freedom anyway, and in the case of North Korea, children who were terrified but were dragged by terrified party loyal parents. THe translation of the secret filming was pretty grim.

child:mommy I scared let's go home,
mother:yes we will but we have to stay and watch,
Child : can we go now?
other attendant at the execution : Kill the traitor! long live kim il Jong!

we still live in crazy times. Where is the US army when you need them eh? No oil though so dictators get off the hook.

fuckin hell, it's so crazy.
we are a fucked up species, i think that's the only way you can generalise humans and describe them in a nutshell.

here i didnt hear about those korean executions, whats the story there and how did the tapes get smuggled out? whats the preferred method over that way?

sometimes i get the chills cos literally over the hong kong border lies china and its firing squads.

Basically a freedom movement has started to emerge fom North Korea, Albeit very very small, and dissent means death not just for you but your extended family, that way you really have to think about the concequences of your actions. They are using mobile phones to communicate with exiles in China just across the border. THese are risky and can be tracked, so have to changed frequently. Guards are usually bribed at various points in the river for people to cross. The tape I saw was smuggled out by a guy dressed as a soldier. No one knows if he is alive or dead now.There are literally thousands of people in Gulags all over the country doing the hardest time imaginable. Think Stalin and you are on the right track.Not bogey man history though..a reality every day for millions. They had a Famine there a couple of years ago that killed three million. Kim denied it even happened. He's kicking the aid agencies out now too. They reckon another famine is just around the corner.

worlds biggest asshole.

yes he most definitely is the world's biggest asshole, and there are alot of assholes out there right now.
fuckin north korea, i mean that's something which needs to be addressed asap. but no one wants another Iraq....

agghhhhhh what a cunt.

La La said:
the execution debate is so complicated
is it?

i would've thought it was pretty straight up - all executions are wrong

does anyone here seriously think the death penalty is anything other than barbaric?

this might be worth a poll...

if only my subscription hadn't run out...

Latex lizzie said:
They had a Famine there a couple of years ago that killed three million. Kim denied it even happened. He's kicking the aid agencies out now too. They reckon another famine is just around the corner.

worlds biggest asshole.

china had that huge famine too in the late 50s/early 60s which killed an estimated 30 million. it was attributed to mao's call for the farmers to leave their farms to join the industrial drive to over-take britain. fuck all info on that too for 'national security reasons'. the communist party call it "three years of natural disasters".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back