PS3 (4 Viewers)

They're giving you 150 euro trade in on 60 & 80 GB PS3's for the slim in Game. Couldn't resist so I put a deposit down.

If anyone wants to make me a better offer for a fully BC PS3 with all the trimings let me know. However I'm trading it in due to the fighter jet-like noise it makes, so if anyone is interested, you've been warned!

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?currency=EUR&products_id=16170

unfortunately,
pixel_black.gif
Shipping Rate (Country IE : 1.5 lb(s)) 63.57EUR

im thinking of getting one of these on the grounds that its a hard drive as well as being a blu ray player. im getting a HD tv soon and id love to watch some high def films on it. is the hard drive expandable on it?
also, im not much of a gamer. can anyone recommend some daycent games for it (no sports games)
cheers

Probably more hassle than it's worth to expand the hard drive just for video stuff, between the bother of actually doing it and transferring stuff onto it; you'd probably be as well off just connecting an external to it and using that.

Probably more hassle than it's worth to expand the hard drive just for video stuff, between the bother of actually doing it and transferring stuff onto it; you'd probably be as well off just connecting an external to it and using that.

Yeah, i use an external drive with mine. I think its much better as it can be a pain to transfer large amounts of data over to ps3. Plus the file sorting on the ps3 is pretty terrible. If you connect an external drive to it, it uses folder sorting so its much easier to navigate etc.

The hard drive is a doddle to change, takes about two minutes. But you can just use your PS3 as a media server anyway.

Turns out Game are actually giving you 200 quid for the sixty gigger, and a free game. Result!

im thinking of getting one of these on the grounds that its a hard drive as well as being a blu ray player. im getting a HD tv soon and id love to watch some high def films on it. is the hard drive expandable on it?
also, im not much of a gamer. can anyone recommend some daycent games for it (no sports games)
cheers

i've been wondering about all this lately. i've no interest in gaming at all, so the ps3 to me is a shit computer/dvd player. at a rough estimate you could build a little pc that doesn blue ray, hard drive and way better internetz then a ps3 for the same money, if not a fair bit less. i use a mini mac for all the fillums and stuff, a little pricier but if i want blue ray or whatever i just need to stick a usb drive into it.

Looks v nice. I just had a quick round of co-op with 2 randomers. Just a series of set pieces against bots but good fun.

Technically it seems fine but its a beta with controlled numbers playing. I bet it will be unplayable when the full game releases. I'll be happy with just the single player game to be honest.

I'll lend you Ghostbusters. It's had some sort of graphical bump with the new patch too.

Is everyone off playing Batman? It's fucking ace.
You finished it yet? Polished it off yesterday and I really enjoyed it, and I'm not really a Batman/comic fan. Really enjoyed the stealth parts, which is weird as I normally hae stealth games. In fact I'm going to give MGS4 another bash right now, see if I can get into this time.

Uncharted 2 MP is decent enough, can't see it getting any playtime when the big hitters (L4D2 & MW2) come out in a month or so though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back