Protest on Saturday (2 Viewers)

Joe Duffy's show is full od american pricks. They're all loudmouths who will not let anyone else get a word in. Constantly shouting "50 years ago" etc..

jesus.

grrrrr

angry day today. (know what I'm talking about omo?)

Originally posted by jimbobjones
Critical Mass/Dublin Cycling Campaign/ cyclists/ whatever. it makes alot of sense that theres cyclists taking part considering this war is all about oil access ie. fuel for your motorcar, a society dependent on the motorcar, at least until theyre environmentally friendly (if ever), is always going to have conflicts over where it gets its oil from. therefore bicycles are alternative to the jumble mess in the first place, blah blah

there's oil in pens too
and they're mightier than the sword :eek:

sorry bud, i just think wrong time and place for the critical mass in its normal context. to me this march is simply about sending a message to our government that irish people think it's wrong to cause more suffering in iraq via the means proposed by the american government and supported to some extent by ours.

Originally posted by madouva
I was reading about it over the weekend: apparently up to 250,000 turned out for a huge rally in (was it?) Washington, and the media giants glossed over it completely.

Maybe the masses in the US might *finally* realise the power abuse and propaganda that they're spoonfed?

i was in the US 2 weeks ago and not a lot of people really gave a shit...the news was all iraq this and iraq that and stupid smelly french and stupid sausage eating germans...it's all rhetoric and no fact.

This was followed by Man VS. Beast. A new reality based TV show in which Humans are pitted against Natures Greatest Beasts.

It was fascinating yet a tad disturbing.
In the show I watched a Chimpanzee and a Navy Seal went head to head on an Assault course. The chimp was really good, swinging over water pits and climbing over walls, but strangely enough the Monkey Bars let him down. The Human won - another triumph for the US Army.

Then, 40 "little people" (dwarves to you and me) were strapped together and had to pull a DC 10 Aeroplane 20 yards....

Their Opponent...an Elephant pulling a DC10.

It was a resounding victory for the elephant, but the icing on the cake was watching 40 dwarves with bulging neck veins getting mad psyched out of it and screaming their heads off and looking really, really evil during the er...race.

With TV like that who gives a shit about the war.

Originally posted by Anthony
Joe Duffy's show is full od american pricks. They're all loudmouths who will not let anyone else get a word in. Constantly shouting "50 years ago" etc..

jesus.

grrrrr

angry day today. (know what I'm talking about omo?)

AAAUGH!!! Being the token amerricun round here :D I gotta say that I WAS SCREAMING AT THE RADIO AND THOSE LOUDMOUTH FOAMING RIGHT WING AMERICAN BASTARDS too!!! I was dialing and redialing for over an hour trying to get on and refute this madness of my 'countrymen.' I'm so fekn appaled that the ONLY americans I heard on the show(granted I didn't hear the whole of it) were reguritating this hackneyed bullshoit that the u.s. is singlehandedly responsible for freedom, puppies, sunshine...and by bombing the Iraqi people back to the paleolithic era we'll be making the world 'safe' and free from 'terrorism' (ie, those that would in any way disagree with unbridled american/british expansionism and economic imperialism...) god, I was worked up to the point that Lorcanzo's mom and dad were telling me to take deep breaths and relax(I was at their house). I'll be at the demo, any suggestions as to a catchy placard slogan that would effectively exploit my u.s. citizenship and my limitless disgust with the bush kleptocracy? Okay, I'm off my soapbox ...for now...

This reminds me that Caretaker Willie once accused the French people of being "surrender monkeys"...

Anne will be at the demo, sporting a chiffon tracksuit from Michel Guiney de la Rue Talbot, vintage George Webb's and a fuse-wire cloak.

Her cane will be purest silver - with it she shall rap the knuckles of all who monger anything but fish or iron.

Allons y!

Originally posted by egg_
... an American congressman who straight-up accused the French of being cowards...

Originally posted by conor
...i just think wrong time and place for the critical mass in its normal context...
Well, it's not CM in it's normal context. It's CM taking part in the larger anti-war demo which they are entitled to do with or without their bikes, together or apart, alone or with their wives.
Think of them as the cavalry, or the comedy slot in an old-school St. Patrick's Day Parade of endless marching bands.

... this march is simply about sending a message to our government that irish people think it's wrong to cause more suffering in iraq...
Bikes are people too. Haven't you read the Third Policeman?

Originally posted by Pantone247
yeah, well I'm still waiting for my toast

Aren't ya lucky ya got anything at all!...back in my day there was no such thing as these new-fangled toaster yokes - if you wanted food you'd to go out, catch it and kill it first

Originally posted by Pantone247
this was in Western Meath right?

You see that would bother me if it weren't for the fact that I'm not the one who *chose* to spend time there (and we are not part of fucking Meath - that bit did upset me...)

Originally posted by Juno
You see that would bother me if it weren't for the fact that I'm not the one who *chose* to spend time there (and we are not part of fucking Meath - that bit did upset me...)

ha ha, guilty as charged

I think the day I got that lone college offer was the last time I cried...

Me and the family are going.
I was at a meeting last week that had 150 people in attendance. If each of us got 9 others to go along that'd make 1,500 extra bodies there. Keep up the pressure on friends/family and let's try and make this thing big.
I'm gonna be dropped from my football team because of it (we have a match at 2.30 on Saturday) - so none of you have an excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back