Protest on Saturday (2 Viewers)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
So ... who's going?

I am

According to the 2FM news this morning one of the major US papers (can't remember which) ran a story on their front page accusing the French of being wimps and a photo of American graves in Europe from WW2

The situation is alarming. I really think you all should show up on Sat

blackout

The media black-out in the States is apparently alarming. Fuck all coverage given to any dissenting voices (militant proles or reasonable minds or anti-war political experts).

As far as the US is concerned, we're waving our Star Spangled Banners out of windows, and singing "ATTACK IRAQ, DUBYA" in unison.

trying me best to get people to come.
a bit puzzled by the critical mass being run at the same time? unless it's "dublin cycling campaign against war in iraq".

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..yeah dubh was sayin' that there are thousands of people on the streets in the states demonstrating but the media won't report it (land of the free my ass.)

I was reading about it over the weekend: apparently up to 250,000 turned out for a huge rally in (was it?) Washington, and the media giants glossed over it completely.

Maybe the masses in the US might *finally* realise the power abuse and propaganda that they're spoonfed?

Originally posted by egg_
Half thinking we should send out an announcement to the Things mailing list about it ...

hmmm
i think the brief consensus previously was that THiNGS would be relatively apolitical. its all bout the music maaaan.

yeah, but they won't be told they realise it so they'll forget.

and 'friends' will have a subplot about phoebe fucking a patriotic soldier and play the national anthem at the end.
no problem.

just call people commies. that always shuts them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back