Properly uninstalling a program (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
my macbook came from ebay, and the previous person had installed toast, except without activating the serial for it, which i dont have. For some reason one extension associated with toast conflicts with the latest update, and has completely disabled my quite new and expensive (to me) audio interface. So i cant do any work until i get rid of this toast program. I'm assuming dragging and dropping the application to the trash will only delete the program and not the extension. Is there a proper/thorough way to do this so this problem goes away without messing anything up in the process??

try picking the big bits of toast out with a tweezers and then get a hoover with really good suction at it. that's my best advice.

look, ok, someone had to get that joke done with before the thread could progress, i laid myself on the line here, i gave it 110%, and at the end of the day, i need to go to bed
wake me up with a plate of toast in the morning

i invented a new type of cheese toastie a few months back (not the one on me facebook). I'm holding off till the right time to share it with the world.

AppDelete is grate and only costs about a fiver

also very good in Cleanmymac which does a shitload of clearing out of junk.

But if its a second hand mac, why don't you just do a clean install of the OS and make it yours

thanks, i'll have a spin at those tonight.

I probably will do that soon Ian, but at the time i got it 'it hit the ground running' so to speak, i'd need to wait till a gap in projects to do that.

appdelete removed the evil program. the extension thing had to be picked out by hand after though.

however, i am still sitting in silence and its the worst thing ever ever ever.

does this thread put paid to the claim that macs are sooo much easier to use than wintel?

asks the guy who has done two full OS installs on his system (vista to 7 to xp) in the last week, in order to get his film scanner to work.

i dont follow?

basically the advice you gave me was sound, but didn't solve the problem and i've gone back to customer support with it.

A clean install will only take a couple of hours. you could do it on friday in between mass and the stations of the cross

customer support have started saying things like this now, and how hard is this actually?? I've to record a band in about 48 hours.

does this thread put paid to the claim that macs are sooo much easier to use than wintel?
asks the guy who has done two full OS installs on his system (vista to 7 to xp) in the last week, in order to get his film scanner to work.

technology is shit

Install applejack and run that if its pre 10.6 to clean out the caches and so on

Its post 10.6 but thanks.

at this stage i just probably have to do the clean install. any guides on how to do this would be appreciated. I have some disks that look like they might be for that. backing up my stuff is probably the first stage???

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back