Prolific Songwriters (1 Viewer)

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
little known fact - bruce springsteen wrote and recorded all of his songs in less than one day

didnt he do that for a few albums so he could get out of his contract as quickly as possible?

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
i don't know
i just made it up

andrew

shit, youre good with those rumours. but I did hear that he wrote a ream of shit and recorded it all super fast just to complete his contract cos they were assholes. makes sense, I guess.

avernus said:
shit, youre good with those rumours. but I did hear that he wrote a ream of shit and recorded it all super fast just to complete his contract cos they were assholes. makes sense, I guess.

Ive heard that said about a number of artists(term applied loosely). Maybe its the A&R equivalent of the granny who put her cat in the microwave to dry its fur... It makes sense though

kevin gallen said:
Question for any songwriters here. How prolific are you? Do you write loads in a short spell and then not at all for a while or what way do ya do it?

i will come up with bits and pieces all day long but i have problems putting them into songs i'm happy with. to answer your question, i write in bursts.

songs.gif

i probably write 2 songs a week.
but only a good one every few months.

anything song i write will generally be started and finished in few hours, i'll write it down and come back to it a few days later. if i think there's something there i'll work on it abit more, fix the words etc, then when i have a format i'll show the rest of the band and we'll play around with it.

lorcanzo said:
i probably write 2 songs a week.
but only a good one every few months.

anything song i write will generally be started and finished in few hours, i'll write it down and come back to it a few days later. if i think there's something there i'll work on it abit more, fix the words etc, then when i have a format i'll show the rest of the band and we'll play around with it.

thats pretty good. I used to write about 25 a year. Now i can barely do 10. I very rarely write a song in a day. Tends to be drawn out over a week or more

About 2 or 3 a year these times I think...back in college when I had time on me hands I did maybe one or two a month. But I was never prolific by any standards.

These are finished articles mind, I come up with tunes as soon as I go near an instrument, but they're nearly all shite like

ian omo is about the most prolific song writer i know. he writes all the time.

I have an illness. If I sit down on a Saturday I will write and write. On a bad day I can finish three songs at a sitting. Some weeks I end up with about 6 or 7 songs. Then we pick out the best ones (not very hard usually) and work with them. As you can imagine that means a pretty big catalog of songs so we just keep around 20 up to performance standard at any time. It also means lots of scrapping to see which songs are dropped. I usually win because I am fat.

ryan adams has diahorrea. he's releasing three albums this year, including a double. did he not learn from last time when both rock and roll and love is hell both chomped on so much cock?

i find it takes absolutely ages to write a song- usually i get one little bit and leave it, mainly cos its a pain in the arse to write it all in one go and becomes too much like work, extending metaphors and shit like that. i usually write the lyrics all in one go having said that.

i've written a couple in one go, but usually starting from a little guitar bit i've been playing subconsciously for weeks on end.

but i don't write that many, with words and melodies and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back