Primavera Sound 2009 (3 Viewers)

I think I might actually be going to this. the only thing standing in my way is finding someone to lump with the youngling for the weekend. oh and scraping the required funds together. in summary: JURASSIC PARK.

Was gonna hit up ATP but I couldn't decide between the Jesus Lizard & Shellac , Deerhunter etc. That's all sorted now. Scrap ATP.

weeellllll... the ticket is EUR130, a flight from dublin will cost in the region of EUR120. if you know someone in barcelona you could crash on their floor for free; otherwise accommodation costs will have to be factored in there too... if you're heading over in a group you could rent an apartment. if you want to save money just go to a supermarket (assuming you have the use of a kitchen) or a fruit and veg shop. very cheap. booze is really cheap in the shops. not in the venue though, although you can be lucky with spirits. very lucky. I did most of my drinking across the street from the entrance in '06. or you could probably sneak in a hip flask...

basically, you can do it for not a lot of money. which is good because I'm completely broke.

New additions:

SAINT ETIENNE
HERMAN DUNE
LIARS
JEREMY JAY
JESU
RHYTHM & SOUND (Mark Ernestus) feat TIKIMAN
DEAD MEADOW
DJ YODA
DJ/RUPTURE
LA BIEN QUERIDA
LOS PUNSETES
TIM BURGUESS DJ
DR. KIKO
DANIEL DEVINE
MENEO

After spending the last 2 years at Primavera, I have to miss this one due to a good mates wedding being held in Barcelona 2 weeks after the festival. Can't afford the holiday days or money to go to both. Howl.

Perhaps its time to visit another European festival this summer. Any recommendations along the same lines as Primavera?

Okay, I am seriously considering this because I have never seen a line up I've liked so much. Plus, I've never been to Spain. My question, since I've never been.... flights/timing. Basically not to miss anything you'd need to have Wednesday-Monday off. If someone could only take Friday off of work.... would it be worth it?

Okay, I am seriously considering this because I have never seen a line up I've liked so much. Plus, I've never been to Spain. My question, since I've never been.... flights/timing. Basically not to miss anything you'd need to have Wednesday-Monday off. If someone could only take Friday off of work.... would it be worth it?

the festival starts on the thurs so it's thurs/fri/sat. you'd miss the thursday obviously, but if you got a late flight thurs, you could sleep some of the friday as the festival doesn't kick off til around 4ish and goes on til abut 6 in the morning.

the festival starts on the thurs so it's thurs/fri/sat. you'd miss the thursday obviously, but if you got a late flight thurs, you could sleep some of the friday as the festival doesn't kick off til around 4ish and goes on til abut 6 in the morning.

That's what I mean, if I flew in Thursday after work I wouldn't miss all of Thursday because it goes into the night. It would be like only losing a few hours? Or are all the good acts like from 4-12 and it's just parties after?

That's what I mean, if I flew in Thursday after work I wouldn't miss all of Thursday because it goes into the night. It would be like only losing a few hours? Or are all the good acts like from 4-12 and it's just parties after?

if ya got into the festival for around 12 you'd still catch a good few decent bands alright!

EDIT: Actually some of my favourite shows I've seen at it have been between midnight and around 5 in the morning. I'd go for it Jill :)

First time I went to Primavera was to see Wilco on the Saturday night, went by myself for the weekend. Flew into Girona at midnight Friday, wallet disappeared upon arrival at airport, not even a euro on me. The folks bailed me out by paying for local hotel with credit card, took lend of €20 off lady in post office to feed me and get me into city next day and picked up wired money at around 8pm on Sat. Got down to festival about 10pm, Wilco on at 2am and were amazing. Worth the hassle, just about. Hated to miss out on Thursday & Friday though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back