Primavera Sound 2009 (1 Viewer)

People on Thumped have long been upbraided for their rubbish taste and low capacity for independent thought, Jill.

It has nothing to do with my dislike for Mr. Young. It just seems like everyone is mentioning the same 5 bands. I wanted to live vicariously. I want more description. I'm needy.

michael nyman.
he's deadly.
throwing muses.
they were amazing.
after that i kind of went with the masses or can't remember much.

did i tell you about the spanish girls?
oh, the spanish girls.

after that i kind of went with the masses or can't remember much.

did i tell you about the spanish girls?
oh, the spanish girls.

That bold part makes me want to cry. Do Barcelona girls consider themselves Spanish? At any rate, I expect an update on them from Ernesto. I hate the Spanish about as much as I hate Neil Young. I'm judgmental and shockingly racist.

I hate the Spanish about as much as I hate Neil Young. I'm judgmental and shockingly racist.

manuel-fawlty-towers-290.jpg

Well known for being quite ropey live. Is he still singing way out of key? I heard he even ditched the vocals on a few songs at atp. I think they need to flesh (!) out the band with another guitar and keys if they really want to reach their potential live.

Fuck yeah, his vocals were all over the shop. What's the deal with that? Surely he's playing long enough to be able to sing live at this stage.

They played Friends Are Evil which is actually one of my fave songs period.... but it was horrendous!

Well known for being quite ropey live. Is he still singing way out of key? I heard he even ditched the vocals on a few songs at atp. I think they need to flesh (!) out the band with another guitar and keys if they really want to reach their potential live.

JESU were easily the worst band I saw at it. Sounded like some shitty school battle of the bands with a guitar that sounded like it was played through a Zoom 505 and amateurish out-of-key vocals. I think they need to flesh out the band with a new singer and some new songs that don't sound the same as all the others.

JESU were easily the worst band I saw at it. Sounded like some shitty school battle of the bands with a guitar that sounded like it was played through a Zoom 505 and amateurish out-of-key vocals. I think they need to flesh out the band with a new singer and some new songs that don't sound the same as all the others.

isnt that what jesu sounds like anyway? the later stuff i heard sounded like bedroom linkin park

dont get me started on that nadja muck

yeah last few records are crap.

first 2 are good.

Which ones do you think are crap? I don't really think they've released anything bad and there's a fair bit of variety in the recorded output. The first two (Heartache & S/T) are fucking amazing tho, they'll never get close to those two again i think. I'd have perfered if they had kept going more like the self titled album instead of the direction they took with conqueror which is probably the weakest thing they've put out. In terms of the vocals, jkb only ever really roared in godflesh so he's only started to try and sing very recently. Bad move on his part :mad:

Which ones do you think are crap? I don't really think they've released anything bad and there's a fair bit of variety in the recorded output. The first two (Heartache & S/T) are fucking amazing tho, they'll never get close to those two again i think. I'd have perfered if they had kept going more like the self titled album instead of the direction they took with conqueror which is probably the weakest thing they've put out. In terms of the vocals, jkb only ever really roared in godflesh so he's only started to try and sing very recently. Bad move on his part :mad:

Yeah, Heartache and S/T are amazing. Silver was the start of a huge downward slope I thought.
I used to think Silver was alright but listened to it again recently and it just sounds really cheesy to me...
I've heard Eluvium split and Conqueror and they were just so wet and wishy washy... Not for me.

it was grand for a sitdown before neil young tho eh;)
get yr don on, chocolate rain!!:)

Yeah, Heartache and S/T are amazing. Silver was the start of a huge downward slope I thought.
I used to think Silver was alright but listened to it again recently and it just sounds really cheesy to me...
I've heard Eluvium split and Conqueror and they were just so wet and wishy washy... Not for me.

Check out Lifeline, that's definitely the best of the eps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back