present for a 1-year-old (2 Viewers)

nooleen

bad ape
Solutions
i'm going to a party next weekend of a friend who has the same birthday as his daughter, who's going to be 1. i want to get a small present for the baby, who will be entirely oblivious. what do parents of one-year-olds want for their kids, that costs about a tenner or less?

easy ebay links would be nice

cheers, i'll have a look

(just posted before i saw your post, specifying 10 sterling, not that that makes much difference...my connection has gone horribly slow the last couple of days)

They should both be under £10, kids love the little phone but the cookie jar thing makes a noise and lights up when they get a Shape right.

Buy them a washing tub. srsly. That was my favourite toy till i was about 3. rolling around all over the gaff in it, using it as a racing car, getting lost in it etc.

AND PLUS, it can double up as a present for your...errr...mate.

The kid'll either play with the toy for 5 mins then forget about it or love it so much, they'll be reminiscing about it on a forum in 20yrs time.
Are you sure you want to get her a toy? What about clothes or something?

well, i had something practical in mind (which comes down to clothes, pretty much), that's why i thought in the first post the baby would be entirely oblivious. i kind of remembered with surprise when people started making suggestions...'oh yeah, babies like toys...'
no kids for me please nature!

though clothes is a tricky areain any situation

Next and H&M do lovely kids clothes, next is kinda girly girl and H&M is funkier. do you want ebay stuff though?

i don't even know the mother, i'd be afraid to choose clothes for her child. what a minefield. what about this yoke, looks like a bit of a laugh: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TODDLER-BABY-RATTLE-ROLLING-TOY-12m-U-WOOD-WOODEN-TOYS_W0QQitemZ250441812416QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_PreSchool_RL?hash=item3a4f7ec9c0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

it's more of a gesture to the parents to be honest, as long as the kid gets some kick out of it at all it's all grand.

Thats grand,it aint no little soft bunny though(which is also very inexpensive and handy to get)

i don't even know the mother, i'd be afraid to choose clothes for her child. what a minefield. what abut this yoke, looks like a bit of a laugh: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TODDLER-BABY-RATTLE-ROLLING-TOY-12m-U-WOOD-WOODEN-TOYS_W0QQitemZ250441812416QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_PreSchool_RL?hash=item3a4f7ec9c0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

it's more of a gesture to the parents to be honest, as long as the kid gets some kick out of it at all it's all grand.

That looks cool, makes noise to keep the kid distracted (without needing batteries) and says it's fine for her to bite on when she's teething.
Wooden toys are really popular again and are normally a lot more expensive.
Good call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back