Predictions for 2004 (3 Viewers)

weeler said:
more blatant attempts to be puget sound, especially while they are out of the country..

When everyone knows you should be trying to imitate the Dagda or My Remorse

This is all very well, but becomes confusing when you get to considering the position of the Dagda and My Remorse: are they meant to imitate themselves or each other? Presumably each other, otherwise the phrase "a pale imitation of their former selves" springs to mind. Then the confusion spreads - are the rest of the punk-assed kids meant to imitate 'classic' the Dagda/My Remorse, or the Dagda imitating My Remorse and My Remorse imitating the Dagda? Similarly once the Dagda are imitating My Remorse, are My Remorse meant to start imitating the Dagda imitating My Remorse, and likewise once My Remorse are imitating the Dagda, are the Dagda meant to start imitating My Remorse imitating the Dagda? And vice-cersa. Or something.

Rimbaud said:
More Screamo here......

More Straight-edge, Finger pointing hardcore....

XRimbaudX....

eamon i totally don't get it - are you edge or what?
cos everytime i've met you, you've been totally drunk and talking about dub records and shit!

andrew

mac warzonescum said:
This is all very well, but becomes confusing when you get to considering the position of the Dagda and My Remorse: are they meant to imitate themselves or each other? Presumably each other, otherwise the phrase "a pale imitation of their former selves" springs to mind. Then the confusion spreads - are the rest of the punk-assed kids meant to imitate 'classic' the Dagda/My Remorse, or the Dagda imitating My Remorse and My Remorse imitating the Dagda? Similarly once the Dagda are imitating My Remorse, are My Remorse meant to start imitating the Dagda imitating My Remorse, and likewise once My Remorse are imitating the Dagda, are the Dagda meant to start imitating My Remorse imitating the Dagda? And vice-cersa. Or something.

ah the possibilites for a split cd, My Remorse imitating the Dagda imitiating My Remorse and the Dagda imitating the Remorse imitating the Dagda. then perhaps a "bonus compilation" cd of punk bands trying to imitate the Dagda/My Remorse.... i think we may have stumbled onto something.....

TESTAROSSA said:
eamon i totally don't get it - are you edge or what?
cos everytime i've met you, you've been totally drunk and talking about dub records and shit!

andrew
Me?
Totally..drunk?!? - That`ed be a funny sight!
I just talk funny and can`t really stand up straight from time to time....never really drank that much.

what about the time i met you in the boat club and you actually did have dub albums under your arm? i was positive you were hammers! most other times we met i was probably v. drunk and not you...but still....are you xEAMONx ?

andrew

Bands on the rise: Cat O' 9 Tails, The Dagda, Serpents, Crookie Fix/Margin Of Error if they hurry up and record something or do some gigs, (A)UTHORICIDE(R)!!

Scene Kings (to take the immortal Puget Sound's place): Cat O' 9 Tails.

Biggest Battle: Venues, cops on squats, me vs cynicism, skaters vs security cunts/trendy cunts.

Shit things: The weather, whinging/taking things for granted, people slagging off & dragging others down because of boredom/insecurity, venues, practice spaces.

Things we need to do: More zines; less whinging about haircuts/musical styles/patches/being around longer than others; more younger people in the scene getting their shit together and doing shit for themselves (and fair fucks to those who are); more people outside Dublin doing stuff; some group of people from outside Dublin to fill the gap left by the Warzonefest, get decent fucking gear for gigs (and I don't mean drugs, but while I'm at it sure why the fuck not).

Things we (eh, I) need: either A) someone proper into their crust/grind/thrash to start playing drums at 1,000,000bpm, B) someone able to drum that fast getting mad into the above mentioned music, or C) someone mad into that shit who plays drums moving to Dublin, and following whichever one of these it is, them fucking e-mailing me or giving me a ring.

Things there'll be more of: shit weather, traffic, cunts trying to run me over on my bike, people with dreadlocks at the back of their head, people realising that skating's cool and coming out twice and then realising that you don't get instant results and giving up again, piercings, people going to Europe, people in turn whinging about people going to Europe and abandoning their own scene for something better and ironically thus continuing a self-perpetuating shitty Irish attitude and giving others still more reason to try and get the fuck out of Ireland, black clothes. And people buying books from the distro, hopefully. Or else.

More walking out the door with paying, giving new meaning to the phrase "skipping the queue"
More guns
More grudges based on lack of tolerance/communication/understanding
More yanks
More giant cans of spraypaint
More babies
More black blocs
More oly

TESTAROSSA said:
what about the time i met you in the boat club and you actually did have dub albums under your arm? i was positive you were hammers! most other times we met i was probably v. drunk and not you...but still....are you xEAMONx ?

andrew
That night in the Boatclub was pretty mad alright on my part...great fun though - cheering like hell at the bands, nearly falling over the Things distro. table - losing 7"s up the road after...hammered altogether.
But - i gotta admire the straightedge philosophy - clean healthy living, positivity and all that.
Besides - straightedge bands have all the energy and finger-pointing going on!

I don`t like that cider-punk carry on anyway...and those bare-foot punks at Warzone - whats that about?!?

I predict an over-all subconsciously straightedge approach to music and hardcore in Ireland for 2004.
Hurray!

There will be more of me hurting myself in humorous ways.
Also there will be more of me being deadly and great.
There will be more bands with me in them.

ian bastardcore said:
i predict there will be a bastard youth 7" out in march .. .

That's quite the release schedule you're setting yourself young man.How did your night of 80s disco action go incidentally?

Corm, who are this Cat O Nine Tails of which you speak?

I predict I will still be asking the coolies for a copy of the last zine/cd this time next year
I predict I will finally get another zine out some time around March (and I have the first draft to prove it)
I predict Serpents will turn up on at least two jawdropping records with other equally jawdropping bands on them later in the year (for predict read "I have top secret information about..")
I predict there will be more punks unexpectedly having babies before the end of next year
I predict a visit to the doctor to sort out my stomach
I predict I will still take any comments on this message board made about people complaining too personally wether they're about me or not
I predict "Bubba Ho-Tep" will rule if it ever shows up on video/in cinemas
I predict more and sillier tatoos if i have any spare money at any point

Other bands who will rock in 2004:Copeater, Ampere,The Assailant (best hc band I've heard in a loooong time), Ramses (ex-Electric wizard..Jeeeesus), Hissing Choir,Railsplitter,Forward to Death

needtokill said:
SPILL THE FUCKIN' BEANS MONKEY MAN!!!
the mighty cat o' nine tails is a social phenomenon loosely based around the concept of a whip.no more needs to be said on the matter until it is presented to the masses.

ian bastardcore said:
the mighty cat o' nine tails is a social phenomenon loosely based around the concept of a whip.no more needs to be said on the matter until it is presented to the masses.
Okay, so it's a whip, Winty and probably a bunch of people who are already in like 5 other bands.
That's one thing I'd like to see less of next year:Less "Supergroups".It's becoming vaguely ridiculous to see the same people in every fuckin' band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back