Predictions for 2004 (4 Viewers)

Website
www.kidblunt.com
My predictions for the year of the Shark.

Bands on the rise: Easpa Measa, Weeler's new band, Serpents, Crookie Fix/Margin Of Error

Scene Kings (to take the immortal Puget Sound's place):

Biggest Battle: Punks vs Whelan's nerds coming to a head

Gigs: Ask Damo, as my magic crystal tells me that GZ will still be putting on most of the worthwile gigs

Shit things: No Music Room, No Puget Sound, No Warzone (before you start screaming and yelling and throwing stuff at the monitor because I've never been to Warzone, this is a guess on behalf of everyone!)

Things we need to do: Not worry about younger people coming into the scene, replace the Music Room, start more bands, and be nice to everyone!

This is a really shit list, put up something better...

Bands on the rise: The Killing Spree, Giveamanakick, Yakazus, Rest.

Scene Kings (to take the immortal Puget Sound's place): Probably the above....

Biggest Battle: No more battles...

Gigs: Any gigs that take place in the Wolfhound(cork), True North, Tragedy, Unkind/Selfish(they playing in 2004, yeah??),

Shit things: No Warzone (before you start screaming and yelling and throwing stuff at the monitor because I've never been to Warzone, this is a guess on behalf of everyone!)...yep.
No Fuktifino,
No Bastard Youth (only seen em once..)

Great things: The Dagda`s forthcoming album, Rest`s album, Killing Sprees album... gigs...Snowbloods full lenght on the way...more gigs...

Things we need to do: everything - more 7"`s.....Irish bands releasing more vinyl lp`s....decentralising the so called "scene" away from Dublin....more 2 day diy fests....

More of all the lads riding the same three girls
More of the girls riding Ror or Donal
More blow-ins with weekend/summer holiday mohawks
More dreadlocks at the back (spas)
More venues loved and lost
More cocks out at gigs
More bandwagon jumping
More anarcho boycotts
More bitching
More rain
More unplanned pregnancies

I have a list of 10 demands for the year 2004..
You won't see them until then, but it will start something along the lines of
We want the world and we want it on fire.

(wait a minute.. this is a punk forum not an activist forum, fuck this.. apathetic yokes..)

Bands on the rise: Local: Crookie Fix/Margin Of Error, Bullets, Lyncher's Band and probably lots of non-Dublin bands who will appear in counties across Ireland and amaze us over the next few months

Foreigners: Red Right Hand , Sleeper Cell, Kriegstanz, Kodan Armada, Look Back and Laugh , Outlaw Order, Tyrades, Dimlaia, Laudanum, Snowblood.

The proposed Sci Bong/Serpents record will , quite literally if it happens, kill you.

Scene Kings (to take the immortal Puget Sound's place): Kid Blunt.
More specifically Stephen from Kid Blunt

Biggest Battle: . . .band rehearsals for the forthcoming months...
actually, to be honest, I just reckon this whole year could be a bit of a battle..law of averages over the past decade suggests the scene could be about to face a bit of a slump..

Gigs: Outside of Dublin is the way forward folks. I predict Bradford will be a belter.I predict Lightening Bolt will play ireland and be even more of a belter. I predict Selfish and Army of Flying Robots will rock Dublin.I suspect Tragedy will be average but no-one will admit it. I expect Easpa Measa,Scio Bong, and No Compliance will all contract "Bastard Youth Syndrome" and play every gig that happens anywhere for about 9 months.I predict Serpents will also develop a lesser case of BYS for the months of February and March before dissapearing into recording hell for a year.

Shit things: No Music Room, No Warzone , the fact that I have a bad feeling a bunch of bands will no longer be with us by this time next year.

Things I need to do: Develop parenting skills . Get over my insomnia. Ignore comments made by fucking idiots about how Serpents will have "split up in 6 months"

Things everyone else needs to do: Relax. Keep up the good work. Avoid cocaine.

me and damo saw a scummer sporting the very same haircut the other day on camden street, the dublin bit at the back, tut tut. Why dont we all just grow fuckin rat tails like brendan o carroll and nooly?

Bands on the rise: margin of error,crooky fix, backhanders, serpents, soliders take half

Scene Kings (to take the immortal Puget Sound's place): soliders take half, kid blunt

Gigs: gz gigs will be the most frequent but will probably lack us kilcoolers as the last bus/dart syndrome is shite near the lower deck.

Shit things: no music room. trying to sell our ep later on this year. and hoping no-one goes 'who's langdon beck...what a sshit name!'

Great things: gonna have an ep soon

Things we need to do: start being more emo and less screamo!!! hahah
ugh and keep doing gud things for thge scene cuz i think this might be a rough year.

nah moley ya need to be sounding more like the leatherface, well ye are pretty leatherface already. oh yeah and sorry bout not giving you them zines in whelans, stupid coat room guy wouldnt give me my bag back for fuckin ages cause i lost my ticket. Also i told him the bag had about 15 zines in it when i was describing it to him, he was all "why do people still do zines, sure the internet is easier", spa! but ya cant read an e-zine on the shitter, paper zines rule, screw e-zines, anyhoo i can leave em in mero's if ya want. Sorry again

Bands on the rise: Crookie Fix and Margin of Error.

Foreigners: Kriegstanz,Warcry,World Burns to Death , No Fucker ,Requiem.

Scene Kings (to take the immortal Puget Sound's place):

Biggest Battle: Stop smoking weed ..

Gigs: Tragedy / Selfish tour ... cant fuckin wait.

Shit things: Lack of irish bands playing straight up hardcore....

Things I need to do: Buy more records...Put out some records/

Things everyone else needs to do: Whatever they want ....

more blatant attempts to be puget sound, especially while they are out of the country..

that new song!!! - very Puget soundy i like it
When everyone knows you should be trying to imitate the Dagda or My Remorse

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back