Pre-school "teachers" (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Isabelle goes to Montessori two mornings a week. She gets notes home from her teachers now and again with fairly appalling spelling and grammar. They had a "healthy eating day" recently in the place where they dipped pieces of fruit into melted chocolate ...

:confused:

Hopefully her teachers in big school will be more clued in

The montessori that the girls go to is great, they love it! They seem to have great crack, and the women there seem to be all really nice, so that's the main thing. After a number of unfavourable experiences with childcare, it's a real relief.

but what if they teach her the wrong letters!!!!!

I am constantly worrying when talking to HMB about singular and plural.

"I have your foot. Oh, now I have two. I have your FEET now. FEET."

Or, if I'm holding his toes and not his actual foot, he might think his toes are called feet.

I'm dreading explaining gravity to him.

My cousin sent his kid to a montessori last year to try and get him used to being out of the house without his parents. He's pretty strict when it comes to the kid and he isn't allowed watch a lot of dvds or telly or whatever. So a few days after he started he was letting him watch a dvd as a treat and the kid was all like "Saw that the other day...saw that the other day" about pretty much everything. So the dad starts asking him some questions and it turns out the "teacher" was pretty much plonking the kids in front of the telly and letting them spend the day there. Needless to say he was withdrawn pretty sharpish..

So what were the grammar mistakes then? Examples pleas.
It's mostly in notes home to us - Random use of Capitals, apostrophe's all over the place, mispelled words. We got a questionnaire lately trying to figure out if we were happy with the service we are getting - a list of 14 items, some of them pretty much identical, which we were asked to rate in order of importance from 1 to 15. One of the items was "Consistence of Care of your child". What does that even mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back