PPP... (1 Viewer)

Irish Council for Civil Liberties:
ICCL Aims:
[unorder=square][#]To defend and promote the human rights and civil liberties of individuals and groups;
[#]To defend and promote women’s rights as human rights;
[#]To defend and promote international human rights standards in Ireland;
[#]To inform public opinion on matters which impact on human rights and civil liberties;
[#]To monitor the observance of human rights and civil liberties in Ireland;
[#]To carry out research into human rights;
[#]To influence decision-making in the area of human rights and civil liberties;
[#]To develop links with other national and international organisations working in the sphere of human rights and civil liberties;
[#]To take any steps incidental to the achievement of the foregoing aims.
[/unorder]
The Irish Council for Civil Liberties,
Dominick Court,
40-41 Lower Dominick Street,
Dublin 1, Ireland.
Telephone: + 353 1 878 3136 / 878 3137
Fax: + 353 1 8783109
E-mail: [email protected]

Pantone247 (11 Oct, 2001 02:36 p.m.):

Think of the poor pot scrubber in the Burlington who has to clean that crap up!!

Hey, they're creating work for the guy. If people didn't throw paint at the hotel, then the person who's job it is to clean paint off the hotel would get sacked.

Would I be right in saying that what happened was:
-protesting, chanting, etc
-brief flurry of charging forward, throwing flour
-everyone calms down, people sit down in car-park, Gardai stand about
-More Gardai turn up, with odd little smiles on their faces
-Gardai charge at sitting people, hitting them atop the heads, making sure to hit and/or arrest anyone with a camera.

Why do police do this kind of thing? So pointless. It's like I always say, Those Pigs Are Gay.

big box, painted dark blue with a big dollar sign painted on the front, holes for my arms and strings to keep it on my shoulders. my head was poking out the top.

designed and manufactured by a crack team of subversives, radicals and anti-state terrorists.

it was so constrictive that at one point i tried to move a limb a tad too quickly and fell on my ass.

and that was the end of my box...

(there were four other people in boxes too, you'll have to ask them for their own individual reports).

sawboss (16 Oct, 2001 02:40 a.m.):
by yojimbo:
In the college I go to, there's a man called Anthony Giddens who runs it, I'm great because I go to LSE and you're all dumb

Man, stop rubbing it in our faces. It doesn't make you any smarter, poindexter.

That's true, it doesn't. So you needn't let it upset you.

Just got this today... dunno why nobody directly involved hasn't posted it here already.
The 16 people arrested at the protest at the Burlington Hotel on Wednesday 10th are up in court on Thursday. They are all challenging these disgraceful charges and are pleading not guilty. We are asking anybody who was at the protest to write up a statement of what you saw -so we can use these as witness statements - especially if you saw anyone getting arrested-send them in to us here at [email protected] as soon as possible.
Also if you have any photgraphs, video footage etc call 087 6838746

I wonder do the Burlington have security cameras pointing at their car park....

Eh, what are the laws of the Freedom of Information Act when it comes to CCTV? Has everyone the right to demand security footage simply by filling in a form and slipping them a tenner or is it more complicated than that?

FOI only covers government and semi state bodies (about 300 are now covered), but not private companies.

Well now i wouldn't go holding me breath or anything, but....
A Garda inspectorate is to be set up to investigate complaints against members of the force. The Minister for Justice said that the inspectorate would be completely independent and would have the capacity to examine every aspect of Garda operations policy. It will have no link with the Gardaí and its establishment will require new legislation.

John O'Donoghue said that this is a radical departure in the investigation of complaints against Gardaí. The inspectorate will conduct investigations into complaints, using its own personnel resources and powers. This means that Gardaí will no longer be investigating Gardaí.

Speaking on RTÉ's News at One programme, Mr O'Donoghue said that he was seeking the highest possible degree of openness and transparency to strengthen public confidence in the force. He said that the Government should be in a position to publish the necessary legislation by next year.

The people were in court yesterday. Anyone have any news on what happened?

regards

damien (13 Oct, 2001 11:03 a.m.):
big box, painted dark blue with a big dollar sign painted on the front, holes for my arms and strings to keep it on my shoulders. my head was poking out the top.

designed and manufactured by a crack team of subversives, radicals and anti-state terrorists.

it was so constrictive that at one point i tried to move a limb a tad too quickly and fell on my ass.

and that was the end of my box...

(there were four other people in boxes too, you'll have to ask them for their own individual reports).

They were black, not dark blue, righ'.

About court yesterday, everyone just pleaded not guilty (grand job, sound's a bell) and will have to go back sometime around the middle of February (can't remember exact date) for the court case...

Oh, and when the details were called out there was much mirth when the judge exclaimed "What? A section 6? And they're pleading NOT GUILTY?!"... Take that, The System...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back