power supply for multiple guitar pedals (1 Viewer)

the TU-2 can't power other pedals,that's a wee myth from boss!

http://stinkfoot.se/archives/528

But hey… my Boss TU-2 can power pedals!

No… it can not. Let’s put that issue firmly to rest. The TU-2 (and the other Boss pedals with power output) has a link output that will let you daisy-chain from it, rather than straight from the adapter. It is a ”power through” jack, but it’s still the adapter that does the powering… The only difference is that you plug the adapter cable into the TU-2 rather than into a female cable connector, and then you need a special daisy chain cable (as the link output on the pedal is the same type as the input). I’ve found that when people use this setup and have noise problems, they often disappear when the TU-2 is removed either from the signal chain or the power chain. As it usually sits at the front of the effects chain (where the signal is most vulnerable to picking up hum), to me it seems like a daft idea to pass signal as well as all the power through it…
But if you do use it this way, please note that Boss only guarantees this connection for up to 200 mA, including whatever current the pedal itself draws – no matter what your adapter can deliver. This is because even though the power input and output jacks are simply wired in parallel, the connection between them is made through thin copper traces on a small circuit board. Running large amounts of current through there can cause the traces to overheat and lift from the board… So, be advised that 200mA (including the 35mA the TU-2 itself uses) is to be viewed as an actual physical limit for this type of jack. If you plan on using the ”power through” jack on one of these Boss pedals, make sure the total current draw doesn’t exceed 200mA or so. Or just get a regular daisy-chain cable (like the one pictured earlier) and add the TU-2 to it like you would any other pedal – which is what I’d do.

but it does dude.

I daisychain non boss pedals no hassle from my tu2

Never found it to be problematic

but it does dude.

I daisychain non boss pedals no hassle from my tu2

Never found it to be problematic

but all it's doing is passing along the juice that your powering the TU2 with in the firstplace,it doesn't make a difference if it's Boss pedals your plugging in or otherwise,the TU-2 isn't adding anything powerwise and it's very limited in the milliamps it can deliver
ok if your using low draw pedals like fuzzes/distortion but try it with a few digital delays/reverbs etc and you'll blow either the power supply or the TU-2

why would anyone put a few digital delays in a chain?
Likelihood of that happening is pretty slim and well deserved

i have 7 pedals, will probably be 8 or 9 soon and its annoying having to use extra power supplies for juice hungry delays so im gonna get one of these yokes next week myself:
(a whopping 3000Milliamps!)

http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/stompbox-8-3000ma-power-supply-with-8-way-daisy-chain-696-p.asp

had the 6 plug version of this for the past few years , highly recomend it. it seems to be on the way out of late, vibrato(vibe and boost), and laterly the delay are giving that tell tale low current whine, while still working fine with batteries.

however - after 3 years of powering 6 pedals, including echo, delay and the vibe Ive more that saved the purchase cost in not having to buy batteries.

i have 7 pedals, will probably be 8 or 9 soon and its annoying having to use extra power supplies for juice hungry delays so im gonna get one of these yokes next week myself:
(a whopping 3000Milliamps!)

http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/stompbox-8-3000ma-power-supply-with-8-way-daisy-chain-696-p.asp

I bought this a good while ago after asking for advice on the thumped-

244048.jpg

I was sick of shitty plugs constantly breaking, if there was a daisy chain plug with a lead as sturdy as a guitar lead I'd buy ten of them. Anyway, the fuel tank was well worth it for it's consistency and indestructability, there's cheaper yokes on thomann aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back