posh moulded earplugs (1 Viewer)

Nope. A certain amount of sound comes from bone conduction and earplugs can do nothing about that. Next time you are using earphones, put one of them next to your tooth and close your mouth. You'll hear the music clearly. It's being conducted through your tooth, jaw and skull.

I don't want to hear music, I don't want to hear anything.

What is the MAXIMUM db reducing earplugs (NOT earphones)?

i'm sure there some sort of earectomy you can get, omo.

if you're serious then don't be asking thumped. call a professional.

I don't want to hear music, I don't want to hear anything.

What is the MAXIMUM db reducing earplugs (NOT earphones)?

I think 35dB is the max available earplugs. I'm sure you could put on builders earmuffs over the plugs for even more noise reduction.

Got a pair of elacin er-20s for this years picnic. Found them difficult to get in and not that comfortable. Also thought the -20db wasn't enough. Have the dizzy, sick stuff again but much milder than before. Also have vertigo medication to relieve the symptoms. Making an appointment with the place on Capel street for custom fitted ones next week. €195 from him.

Got a pair of elacin er-20s for this years picnic. Found them difficult to get in and not that comfortable to wear. Also thought the -20db wasn't enough, but I was up close to the speakers. Have the dizzy, sick stuff again but much milder than before. Also have vertigo medication to relieve the symptoms. Making an appointment with the place on Capel street for custom fitted ones next week. €195 from there.

Got a pair of elacin er-20s for this years picnic. Found them difficult to get in and not that comfortable to wear. Also thought the -20db wasn't enough, but I was up close to the speakers. Have the dizzy, sick stuff again but much milder than before. Also have vertigo medication to relieve the symptoms. Making an appointment with the place on Capel street for custom fitted ones next week. €195 from there.

- 20db is loads with the moulded plugs. i have -15 and its plenty. those er-20s are fantastic for the money be the seal is nothing like as good as you'll get with the moulded jobbys.

I think I may have recomended these before but Alpine earplugs are fantastic and really comfortable. I think they go as high as 20db (Imight be wrong though) and there are three filters included in the pack.

http://www.allearplugs.com/ear-plugs/musicians-earplugs/alpine-musicsafe-pro-earplugs.aspx

There might be some weird problem on the website were they don't deliver to Ireland though so you may have to get your english family/mates to post them over.

I whole heartedly endorse this product.

I am a corperate shill whore.

Bought a pair of the Alpines for a friend from Juno Records- £17.49 with shipping and no problems sending to Ireland.
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/alpi...earplug-keyring-case/274473-01/?no_redirect=1

I had originally asked in Hearing Healthcare (guy on Caple St) for these but was taking too long to get them from supplier- he was selling them for €25 but be prepared for wait. He does have the best price in town at the moment for the moulded Elacin's at €195 (as 123GO said and with one set of filters) and he will exchange the filters within a couple of weeks if you find you need a higher/lower set. I personally find I need all three sets of filters they do with 9/15/25 db for different events and the mouled Elacins I have are not the low profile ones that Frank Cass does but a higher profile where it's easy enough to change the filters.

As to the db on the Alpines there is a chart with the levels...not sure how to work out the exact flat db but looks like just under 20.
Frequency in Hz
SNR
White Filter - low level
15​
10.2​
11.2​
14.3​
17.9​
Silver Filter - medium level
17​
14.8​
15.8​
15.7​
18.7​
Gold Filter - high level
18​
18.8​
15.6​
16.0​
18.5​
Critical Protection Area

The only thing I have against the expensive moulded ones is that they're tiny and easy to lose. Being out €195 after a gig would drive me fucking bananas.

As Frank Cass said to me - they are always in your ears or in the case in your pocket. That way you don't lose 'em. So far anyway ...

Dasching

Adorably Block Out the World With These Dachshund-Shaped Earplugs

dog-one.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back