posh moulded earplugs (1 Viewer)

I forgot to post the link to the £105 ones, it's these ones here, http://www.audiorelief.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=133.
They also do the Elacin ER Series ones for £165. Cheers for the feedback on the Frank Cass ones and the levels. I've a couple of mates who got some from him, the -15db ones and they say they are really good. None of them have said they make the level too low when watching a gig and the all play music thenselves. It was only after this trip to a new doctor that he told me what was wrong. Puking was a shit buzz, first time it happened was after EP 08 and I thought it was from getting too fucked up so was put off going to the doctor. A few weeks later I had to go anyway and mentioned the symptoms to him and he said it was probably an inner ear infection I picked up. But three fests in a row it's happened now. Might just take the plunge and go to Frank, saves a drive from Newry to Belfast too for the impressions.

or just get the cheapy elacin er-20s. they'll do fine, you'll hear everything grand. you could try them and fi you decide they muffle too much you could go for the moulded ones...

Yeah, they are the ones I used to use. Frank Cass told me that they are perfectly good for protecting your ears. I have to say though, I thought stuff sounded pretty bad through them ....

Is there such a thing as earplugs that make you deaf? And by that I mean block out ALL sound

I had moulded plugs few years ago. 15db reduction. Savage yokes but I lost them & cant bring myself to pay the money again. I payed 160e for mine but no they are double that here in Galway. Buuuuuut, A guy who posts on the galway music forum says specsavers are doing moulded earplugs for 120e now. Savage deal. They also do moulded plug for in ear monitors too.

Is there such a thing as earplugs that make you deaf? And by that I mean block out ALL sound

Nope. A certain amount of sound comes from bone conduction and earplugs can do nothing about that. Next time you are using earphones, put one of them next to your tooth and close your mouth. You'll hear the music clearly. It's being conducted through your tooth, jaw and skull.

I've had a hissing with some occasional frequency and clicks in my right ear for a few months. It's volume level has been going down and less noticeable the last while.

Have given up wearing headphones, they can't be good.

Anyway the good news is I went the audiology place in the Mater a couple of days ago and got my ears cleaned out and my hearing tested and my hearing is normal which is nice to know.

They do molded earplugs there that cut the DB level but keep the frequencies intact. The good doctor recommended the -25Dbs for me since I work with amps and speakers. And she also seemed to make quite an issue about drum kits being large contributors to hearing damage.

Anyway the hissy sound in my right will only get worse if I don't sort out some proper hearing protection before I get back to doing what I do. Although tinnitus is such a weird bloody thing they can't really give you a straight answer on the cause of the problem.

So it's going to cost 240euro to get them in the Mater.
And that's my story.

I've had a hissing with some occasional frequency and clicks in my right ear for a few months. It's volume level has been going down and less noticeable the last while.

Anyway the good news is I went the audiology place in the Mater a couple of days ago and got my ears cleaned out and my hearing tested and my hearing is normal which is nice to know.

Yeah, I had a similar experience. Was getting ringing in both of my ears and started really freaking out about tinnitus. I went to get my ears syringed (you really need to get this done anyway before getting moulded earplugs made) and it disappeared.

Yeah, defo the main problem for most people i think - especially if you're wearing them walking around town when you don't realise how loud the music is.

I wrecked my hearing using earphones in the early 1990's.
Have to do the airplane air pressure thing all the time to 'pop' my ears.

Got the Frank Cass -15db earplugs last year. They are brilliant. Will never go to or do a gig again without them.

Inner ear headphones should be banned. srsly.

dunno about that, you tend to have to whack up standard headphones very loud to compete with outside noise. i've a pair of seinnheiser in ears that come with different sized ear buds meaning i can get a nice snug fit and block out external noise. my ipod volume isn't set nearly as loud as it used to be. the standard ipod issue type in ear phones are the in ears you're referring to i think, and you're probably right.

i love my cass supplied -15db jobbys too. you really have to make sure they're in right i've found. i aggree with hugh that they can take a bit too much out at certain gigs. i was right by the speaker in whelans at the jogging gig and they were deadly cuase it was whelans and that PA is silly loud, but i took them out for the nightmarchers gig last year.

Inner ear headphones should be banned. srsly.

I use Shure E3 'isolation' earphones which fit right into the ear canal. As a result they block out 20dB of outside noise so you don't turn the music up half as loud as with standard earphones. I can sit on the bus with the iPod volume at 30% and not hear traffic or others' conversations. Bliss.

dunno about that, you tend to have to whack up standard headphones very loud to compete with outside noise. i've a pair of seinnheiser in ears that come with different sized ear buds meaning i can get a nice snug fit and block out external noise. my ipod volume isn't set nearly as loud as it used to be. the standard ipod issue type in ear phones are the in ears you're referring to i think, and you're probably right.

I'd have to agree about the buds, it's so nice to not have to listen to music really loud to cut out ll the cunts on the bus.

I'm positive the tinnitus thing in my right ear is caused by ipod earphones. Although I was being fucking stupid and using them for listening to mixes and Ipod on the bus.

I started to get this real sense that if I kept using them I was going to do permanent damage so I stopped.
And then I just noticed this hiss/distortion randomly one day in work and then later when I was watching tv. But the sound has never been as bad as it was once thankfully.

Anyway so the contradiction in all of this is that I don't have any hearing damage. My hearing is normal but the hiss is still slightly present, more so when I tune into it or go listening out for it.

And yeah, so many dopes on the bus once you stop listening to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back