Portrid's Product Picks! (or, KKK for short) - issue #1 - Strawberry yoghurt (1 Viewer)

portrid

Since 2000
Website
www.thelastsound.com
Here's a round-up of some of the more widely available strawberry-tinged spoon-assisted dairy treats. Why only strawberry? Well, strawberries and kittens are two of the only things worth loving on planet earth, and in the absence of kitten-flavoured yoghurt, strawberry is the only legal flavour worth bothering your hole over...

Mullerice Strawberry - 7/10

Summary: Like eating a decomposing (but delicious) brain

After you ride out the initial 'cold...lumpy....this is WRONG' mental wretch-fest, something that's well short of an epiphany occurs. Dis shit is guuuud! Stir the fucker first though for peats's sake, you vanilla-loving gaylord. Also, DO NOT PAY NO HEED to the heating instructions, unless sweet, runny, sweet, hot SICK is your idea of something favourable to be slithering down your deep throat.

Yoplait Strawberry 3/10

Summary: 'Perennial favourite' toxoid wankathon.

Always contains two or three objects that resemble full-sized strawberries - but much smaller. The yoghurt is dayglo pink and way different from when yiz were chizlers. What happened?

Sno Strawberry Fruit Crumble - 6/10

Summary: Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights triptych in dessert form

Fairly unassuming when you first open it, but mix 'em up and it's pure chaos. And when mixed, it quickly becomes difficult to track just how much of the crumble stuff goes in your mouth with the yoghurt/fruit medley. And you may find this leads to unchewed and unauthorized crumble swallowage - "maybe to a lung" you think briefly. If I counted all the fleeting moments unwanted surprise I've had as a result of this phenomenon, I would have about 38 seconds of PURE FEAR.

Sno Strawberry Yoghurt - 7/10

Summary: Oft overlooked and wrongly labelled a poor man's Yoplait. It's the thinking woman's Mona.

This has a kind of waxy artificial quality that leads me to think it may be completely synthesized. But just as there was nothing wrong with Yazoo (the band, not the milk drink), there's nothing really wrong with Sno (the yoghurt, not the Informer). It's the Bishop from Aliens of yoghurts - a bit shifty at first, then reliable (but artificial), and ultimately ripped in half while saving a child.

M&S Extremely Fruity Strawberry Yoghurt - 8/10

Summary: One of the best when administered in small doses.

Plagued by the mini-me fruit syndrome of the Yoplait, this up-and-coming unsigned band is nonetheless one to watch, and has already sparked a lot of media interest with their dreamy summer harmonies and Pixies-like approach to no-nonsense rock. As this is M&S, remember when receiving your change the correct response to "der ya go luhhv, tree yooro twen-teee" is throw your eyes to heaven while muttering "sub-human scum".

M&S Organic Strawberry Yoghurt - 9/10

Summary - Freeness of guilt, abstract as this may sound, never tasted so good.

Despite the M&S brand name, this is organic - which means all the money goes to charity and saves the environment while cutting down on government weapons spending and making you lose weight - one more reason to love this naughty little rouge. Tastes naturdle, partly because this is heavily implicated on the carton.

Dunnes Strawberries & Cream - 9/10

Summary: Cheeky, with faintly obscene cream finish.

The laughable gold carton adds a touch of (lower) class, as does the promise of Mare du Bois (or whatever - this is from memory) strawberries. As it still foolishly says Dunnes Stores on top it's really a Burberry carton with Arc de Triomphe strawberries. Free of bells and whistles, the overall effect is pleasurable and speaks for itself. "I am pleasurable" it will say to you as you fight back the screams and vomit. Shameless bandwagon-jumping from St. Bernard, but convincing enough to be a close second to...

Tesco Strawberries & Cream - 10/10

Summary: The Daddy

Just a quick glance at the ingredients - soylent green, special stuff, government-approved extract of kitten - should be enough to convince even the most hardline religious fundamentalist that this is the movie-as-yoghurt Kubrick will be remembered by. Of course if they packed it in a Tesco Value-style carton the rating would go way down, and this just shows you what a difference a bit of attention to marketing can make to your taste buds - and to your wallet. Notice how different your wallet tastes after it's been marketed to you properly? Amazing!

Look out for issue #2 soon - Posh crisps

portrid said:
Here's a round-up of some of the more widely available strawberry-tinged spoon-assisted dairy treats. Why only strawberry? Well, strawberries and kittens are two of the only things worth loving on planet earth, and in the absence of kitten-flavoured yoghurt, strawberry is the only legal flavour worth bothering your hole over...

Mullerice Strawberry - 7/10

Summary: Like eating a decomposing (but delicious) brain

After you ride out the initial 'cold...lumpy....this is WRONG' mental wretch-fest, something that's well short of an epiphany occurs. Dis shit is guuuud! Stir the fucker first though for peats's sake, you vanilla-loving gaylord. Also, DO NOT PAY NO HEED to the heating instructions, unless sweet, runny, sweet, hot SICK is your idea of something favourable to be slithering down your deep throat.

Yoplait Strawberry 3/10

Summary: 'Perennial favourite' toxoid wankathon.

Always contains two or three objects that resemble full-sized strawberries - but much smaller. The yoghurt is dayglo pink and way different from when yiz were chizlers. What happened?

Sno Strawberry Fruit Crumble - 6/10

Summary: Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights triptych in dessert form

Fairly unassuming when you first open it, but mix 'em up and it's pure chaos. And when mixed, it quickly becomes difficult to track just how much of the crumble stuff goes in your mouth with the yoghurt/fruit medley. And you may find this leads to unchewed and unauthorized crumble swallowage - "maybe to a lung" you think briefly. If I counted all the fleeting moments unwanted surprise I've had as a result of this phenomenon, I would have about 38 seconds of PURE FEAR.

Sno Strawberry Yoghurt - 7/10

Summary: Oft overlooked and wrongly labelled a poor man's Yoplait. It's the thinking woman's Mona.

This has a kind of waxy artificial quality that leads me to think it may be completely synthesized. But just as there was nothing wrong with Yazoo (the band, not the milk drink), there's nothing really wrong with Sno (the yoghurt, not the Informer). It's the Bishop from Aliens of yoghurts - a bit shifty at first, then reliable (but artificial), and ultimately ripped in half while saving a child.

M&S Extremely Fruity Strawberry Yoghurt - 8/10

Summary: One of the best when administered in small doses.

Plagued by the mini-me fruit syndrome of the Yoplait, this up-and-coming unsigned band is nonetheless one to watch, and has already sparked a lot of media interest with their dreamy summer harmonies and Pixies-like approach to no-nonsense rock. As this is M&S, remember when receiving your change the correct response to "der ya go luhhv, tree yooro twen-teee" is throw your eyes to heaven while muttering "sub-human scum".

M&S Organic Strawberry Yoghurt - 9/10

Summary - Freeness of guilt, abstract as this may sound, never tasted so good.

Despite the M&S brand name, this is organic - which means all the money goes to charity and saves the environment while cutting down on government weapons spending and making you lose weight - one more reason to love this naughty little rouge. Tastes naturdle, partly because this is heavily implicated on the carton.

Dunnes Strawberries & Cream - 9/10

Summary: Cheeky, with faintly obscene cream finish.

The laughable gold carton adds a touch of (lower) class, as does the promise of Mare du Bois (or whatever - this is from memory) strawberries. As it still foolishly says Dunnes Stores on top it's really a Burberry carton with Arc de Triomphe strawberries. Free of bells and whistles, the overall effect is pleasurable and speaks for itself. "I am pleasurable" it will say to you as you fight back the screams and vomit. Shameless bandwagon-jumping from St. Bernard, but convincing enough to be a close second to...

Tesco Strawberries & Cream - 10/10

Summary: The Daddy

Just a quick glance at the ingredients - soylent green, special stuff, government-approved extract of kitten - should be enough to convince even the most hardline religious fundamentalist that this is the movie-as-yoghurt Kubrick will be remembered by. Of course if they packed it in a Tesco Value-style carton the rating would go way down, and this just shows you what a difference a bit of attention to marketing can make to your taste buds - and to your wallet. Notice how different your wallet tastes after it's been marketed to you properly? Amazing!

Look out for issue #2 soon - Posh crisps

.|..| :D .|..| :D .|..| :D .|..| :D .|..| :D .|..| :D .|..| :D .|..| :D .|..| :D .|..|

Wavioli said:
I concur.

good writing but I simply coouldnt agree with your choices. anyways kittens of the forest is clearly the superior flavour.

One I used to love was the Muller Thick & Creamy Strawberry Yoghurt. It came in a large tub so i could sit in the corner and stuff myself. Hmmm happy times

oh, and that Sno yoghurt is bleedin' lovely! I recommend the White Chocolate % Raspberry too. Tis scrumtrilescent it is.

I don't like strawberry flavoured things so I didn't read your product reviews.

I will tell you though that St Ivel Shape Greek-Style thick and creamy lemon and orange yoghurts are FUCKING MmMMMmmmMmmmm though.

Thanks for the product review Portrid. Although I don't like strawberry yoghurt as it happens.

On a strawberry related note, if anyone here is yet to experience eating fresh strawberries dipped in balsamic vinegar; before you judge me, let me say this - it's so wrong and so right at the same time. Nyom, nyom (I think).

I think I'd like to do a similar product review about chocolate milks, but I'll have to consult my thesauras for more words for 'lovely'

chutneyfarmer said:
One I used to love was the Muller Thick & Creamy Strawberry Yoghurt. It came in a large tub so i could sit in the corner and stuff myself. Hmmm happy times

I have a delightful image in my head of you sitting in the corner of a giant pot of yoghurt. How happy this makes me.

Zeelander said:
On a strawberry related note, if anyone here is yet to experience eating fresh strawberries dipped in balsamic vinegar; before you judge me, let me say this - it's so wrong and so right at the same time. Nyom, nyom (I think).

Hmm after trying chocolate pretzels I'm less uick to dismiss ideas like that. Sounds interesting. Must check it out coz i lurve strawberrys me.

Zeelander said:
I have a delightful image in my head of you sitting in the corner of a giant pot of yoghurt. How happy this makes me.

:D

portrid said:

Barry's dairy berries?

Paul

All available at your local supermarket.

15.jpg

nlgbbbblth said:
good stuff
Tesco Finest yoghurts are the nicest ever

Lemon Curd especially

Beat me to it - I was just about to mention how wonderful the tesco lemon curd yoghurts are.

Zeelander is correct about strawberries and balsamic vinegar being rather tasty.

spiritualtramp said:
Beat me to it - I was just about to mention how wonderful the tesco lemon curd yoghurts are.

Zeelander is correct about strawberries and balsamic vinegar being rather tasty.

I bought a punnet of strawberries earlier
can't find the blasted balsamic so I'll have to use malt vinegar

going to sit down and watch Miami Vice with this potentially delicious feast.
will report back later on.

Dutchy said:
Yazoo_Flavoured_Milk_1_Litre_Bottle_93.jpg

!zed .|..| !bog
shluurp!!

I quite like the Strawberry and Banana ones. The Chocolate one can be a bit much though.

Went through a serious phase of drinking this stuff a while back. It's odd but kinda nice too

carpediem_kefir_gross.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back