port forwarding (1 Viewer)

muffin

hey dudes..

so ive decided to embrace torrents..ive downloaded utorrent and ive followed the stuff on port forward to try and get it to work..ive set up the static ip address(well i think i have) and thought i had the port forwarded but when i test it it says its still closed..im using windows firewall..anyone any suggestions?

cheers,
audrey

ive done everything on portforwarding.com..is there any other way to find out why it says its not open?

are you able to download anyway? Ive followed all the instructions on portforward too and the test things keep saying i havent got the port forwarded correctly but i can still download and upload without any trouble

nope i cant download anything..i downloaded pcconfig thing but it sata i need my routers username and password?anyone know how i would go about finding these?

are you able to download anyway? Ive followed all the instructions on portforward too and the test things keep saying i havent got the port forwarded correctly but i can still download and upload without any trouble

It will work without port forwarding but will be much much slower than if you have the portforwarding done.

im flippin sure the stupid port is open..
is there anywhere that shows ya all the ports that are open on your computer?

forget about what ports are open on your computer - you need to get onto your router and disable remote access NOW.

like, RIGHT NOW.

go to http://192.168.1.254 and login.

You'll need to enable Expert Mode, then click Remote Access. Enter your router password and hit disable.

once that's done, enable uPnP in your bittorrent client and hopefully it'll automatically do the business with the ports on the router - you were only doing it on your local PC.

Oh and if you actually need remote access to your router (why????) then at least make sure the default admin password has been changed.....

Look for a section called DMZ on your router and apply it to your computer. This should allow full flow of goodness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back