poor beastie! MCA has cancer! (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/06/beastie.yauch.recovering/index.html

"So I'm about a week and a half out of surgery now and rapidly recovering from it," the e-mail said. "I haven't taken any of the pain meds, which supposedly speeds along the healing process, or should I say, taking them slows it down."
The rapper said he was faring well, other than a stiff neck and jaw, and went on to say he expected to start seven weeks of radiation treatments soon.
The cancer was in his left parotid gland and "also in a lymph node right in that area," he said last month in a video statement.
In the e-mail, Yauch thanked everyone "who sent positive thoughts my way" and gave a thumbs-up to the recent Jay-Z and Coldplay cover performances of "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" and "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (to Party)" at the 2009 All Points West Music and Arts Festival held in New Jersey, which Yauch said he saw via YouTube.

I don't know which is more depressing; the fact that poor MCA has to go through chemo or that horrible fucking Chris Martin cover. Why couldn't he have caught cancer instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back