Poisonhats (1 Viewer)

ron

Can some good soul tell me how the Festival went down and especially of the Cathal Coughlan collaboration piece with Daniel Figgis?

Great vibe there, nice to see lots of people doing their thing, some great improvised electronic stuff, a very dapper and enteraining camp-compere, strong beer. The Coughlan/Figgis thing was I thought, one of the high points alongside the Rednecks/Connect 4 collaboration. Coughlan was his usual intense self; highly dramatic and funny and confrontational simultaneously. There was a nice jazzy back up from Figgis and a guy on keyboards whose name escapes me right now. Me and my mates stayed a lot longer than we thought we would for the event and trooped out happy and nicely buzzing. Great day.

Yeah, pretty cool day in all. Some really worthwhile performances with notable exception of the Chicks/Daniel Figgis/some arsehole with a waa waa pedal same riff for over half an hour thing which was the worst musical travisty I have ever experienced...no wonder most people had walked out before the end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back