Podcasting Help... (1 Viewer)

tripoli

Ok i'm new to this whole podcasting thing. I have the latest version of iTunes which is podcasting compatable and I am aware you get download/subscribe to free podcasts in the music store, but...

-I know there are independant punters who have actual podcast sites

-I know there are podcast programs you can download for mac/pc to subscribe for free podcasts but can these be imported into iTunes and dragged into the podcast playlist?

-For instance Absolutely Kosher do a regular podcast which is cool but if you download it, it comes down as an hour long MP3 which is ok and I presume I can just drag this into the podcast playlist in iTunes too?

Finally, any recommendations for good indie/alternative podcasts?

tripoli said:
-I know there are podcast programs you can download for mac/pc to subscribe for free podcasts but can these be imported into iTunes and dragged into the podcast playlist?

-For instance Absolutely Kosher do a regular podcast which is cool but if you download it, it comes down as an hour long MP3 which is ok and I presume I can just drag this into the podcast playlist in iTunes too?

I don't think you can drag stuff you have downloaded onto ,say,your desktop or whatever into the podcast playlist (obviously you can drag it into iTunes simply as a track in the library).The idea , as far as I understand , is that you get the url for the podcast and drag or paste that into the podcast playlist.Then you can hit subscribe and then you get refreshed 'episodes' whenever they are available , I think.
Still muckin' about in this field myself as I've only recently got good access to Broadband.I've not found any amazing podcasts yet but I've not really searched hard just yet.

Wilbert said:
If you have the MP3 on your computer then apple-click on it and choose Open With-iTunes and it will appear in iTunes and be all playable.

Yeah i use that feature alright but once you have a podcast downloaded from an independant site (not the iTunes music store), you can open it with iTunes alright put you can't drag it into the podcast playlist and update it weekly,etc

tripoli said:
Yeah i use that feature alright but once you have a podcast downloaded from an independant site (not the iTunes music store), you can open it with iTunes alright put you can't drag it into the podcast playlist and update it weekly,etc

You can add podcast URLs from non-listed sites into iTunes and update them easily.

go to advanced --> subscribe to podcast --> enter the url

it shows up in your podcasts list, showing previous podcasts fromt that source and you can set the update rate etc

Deadly didn't know you could do that thanks dude. Do you know any good independant music podcast sites?

ICUH8N said:
You can add podcast URLs from non-listed sites into iTunes and update them easily.

go to advanced --> subscribe to podcast --> enter the url

it shows up in your podcasts list, showing previous podcasts fromt that source and you can set the update rate etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back