PLUGD RECS 5TH BIRTHDAY PARTY THIS SATURDAY (1 Viewer)

tombstome

PLUGD RECS (Cork) presents.....

THEY CAME FROM THE STARS I SAW THEM (London,Uk)
plus PLUGD djs
The Tikki Lounge
Saturday 10th March
Doors 9pm

"...the maverick spirit of Krautrock communal living, a rejection of conventional pop songs, Faust playing hydraulic drills exists elsewhere... the likes of Liars, The Boredoms, Animal Collective, Black Dice, Lightning Bolt and They Came From The Stars I Saw Them are pushing the boundaries in a way that would please the old guard."
Chris Parkin, Time Out

"Bonkers death factory cocktail bar electronica about meeting aliens.they're going to be stars(we see it)... "
you could be forgiven for thinking TCFTSIST are the only pop group in the world who matter. Genius is the only word, really.
TWICE Leftfield S.O.T.M. Muzik magazine

"One of the highlights of my year, without a doubt "
John Kennedy XFM - TWICE S.O.T.W

"Its an oddity!"
Xmas Single of the Week: Mark & Lard, Radio 1

"There is, however, only one Christmas no 1 and in a perfect world it would be a musical diaspora known as They Came from the Stars, I Saw Them...extraordinary in a bonkers, laugh-out-loud funny kind of way....Single of the Fortnight without a Heidi of a doubt."
Single of the Fortnight, The List

"utterley entrancing...this is the Beta Band, times twenty"
****review BANG! Magazine

"tastlessness? id say tasty to the point of pungent! "
Mixing It, Radio 3

"A performance-art-prog-punk-pop band of quite magnificent primitivism, and if theyre not the best band in the country its because that hoary titles too boring for them. Lets say instead; The Most New Band In Britain".
Freaky Trigger. http://www.freakytrigger.co.uk/

"Absurdist madness with the sole aim to create excitement"
The Guide

"I do not know to what scrappy spaceship these nice and totally mad people belong to, but I am convinced that we will hear about them more."
Blow Up magazine, Italy

"...this could be a posse of Clangers let loose in the studio with hallucinogens, plastic recorders, and a mic pointed at the cosmic vortex "
Sleaze Nation

"...rush-of-blood-to-the-head exciting...Awesome "
Careless Talk Costs Lives

"...gorgeous, inventive, sweetly winking, vaguely lips-like xmas e.p".
TimeOut

Beautiful, poetic, creeping chaos
S.O.T.M. Bizzarre Magazine

"Bands like TCFTSIST have such a rare emotion, led by curiosity, rather than the familiar ease into which our generation is all too easily letting itself slip. This music should not be picked to pieces, it should be heard as a progression in the greater scheme of things. Provactive, intelligent, skilled, daring and very intriguing! "
Drowned in Sound.com

"Pretentious twaddle or creative genius? Your call. "
DJ Magazine

"probably the U.Ks most pretentious band (they have worked very hard for the title)....As individual as a snowflake! "
Flux

PLUGD RECS (Cork) presents.....

THEY CAME FROM THE STARS I SAW THEM (London,Uk)
plus PLUGD djs
@The Tikki Lounge
Saturday 10th March
Doors 9pm

"...the maverick spirit of Krautrock communal living, a rejection of conventional pop songs, Faust playing hydraulic drills exists elsewhere... the likes of Liars, The Boredoms, Animal Collective, Black Dice, Lightning Bolt and They Came From The Stars I Saw Them are pushing the boundaries in a way that would please the old guard."
Chris Parkin, Time Out

"Bonkers death factory cocktail bar electronica about meeting aliens.they're going to be stars(we see it)... "
you could be forgiven for thinking TCFTSIST are the only pop group in the world who matter. Genius is the only word, really.
TWICE Leftfield S.O.T.M. Muzik magazine

"One of the highlights of my year, without a doubt "
John Kennedy XFM - TWICE S.O.T.W

"Its an oddity!"
Xmas Single of the Week: Mark & Lard, Radio 1

"There is, however, only one Christmas no 1 and in a perfect world it would be a musical diaspora known as They Came from the Stars, I Saw Them...extraordinary in a bonkers, laugh-out-loud funny kind of way....Single of the Fortnight without a Heidi of a doubt."
Single of the Fortnight, The List

"utterley entrancing...this is the Beta Band, times twenty"
****review BANG! Magazine

"tastlessness? id say tasty to the point of pungent! "
Mixing It, Radio 3

"A performance-art-prog-punk-pop band of quite magnificent primitivism, and if theyre not the best band in the country its because that hoary titles too boring for them. Lets say instead; The Most New Band In Britain".
Freaky Trigger. http://www.freakytrigger.co.uk/

"Absurdist madness with the sole aim to create excitement"
The Guide

"I do not know to what scrappy spaceship these nice and totally mad people belong to, but I am convinced that we will hear about them more."
Blow Up magazine, Italy

"...this could be a posse of Clangers let loose in the studio with hallucinogens, plastic recorders, and a mic pointed at the cosmic vortex "
Sleaze Nation

"...rush-of-blood-to-the-head exciting...Awesome "
Careless Talk Costs Lives

"...gorgeous, inventive, sweetly winking, vaguely lips-like xmas e.p".
TimeOut

Beautiful, poetic, creeping chaos
S.O.T.M. Bizzarre Magazine

"Bands like TCFTSIST have such a rare emotion, led by curiosity, rather than the familiar ease into which our generation is all too easily letting itself slip. This music should not be picked to pieces, it should be heard as a progression in the greater scheme of things. Provactive, intelligent, skilled, daring and very intriguing! "
Drowned in Sound.com

"Pretentious twaddle or creative genius? Your call. "
DJ Magazine

"probably the U.Ks most pretentious band (they have worked very hard for the title)....As individual as a snowflake! "
Flux

Well looky here... Hard Copy all over the internet
That's right, Hard Copy, Tombstone is no more

i think what happens is that the whole complex becomes a club after around 11or 12pm but if you're already in the tikki you get to stay in for gratis

i think going in early and getting a smoking wristband yoke miught solve the problem

see ya there

ecstasy.jpg

Pretty sure that bass player was having a good time anyway....

Good show, entertaining stuff. The drummer was tight, as was the sax player. But for very different reasons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back