please take these shite CDs off my hands. free to good home.. (1 Viewer)

if you dont feel like sending them to the land of oz ill take the circle jerks one! uhh but how the fook am i gonna get it from ya

nooly said:
eh, ok. i didn't really consider how to get these to ppl, i'll probably now end up holding onto them for ages longer til i can hand them over. any ideas? the household name comp is fkn abominable by the way.

with the ones you cant give away, you should bring them into city discs in temple bar. theyll pay you around 3 - 5 euro a cd and they generally take most things once theyre not scratched. its an easy 80 quid.

KatieMutated said:
feck people already got in on the circle jerks one...ah well.
don't worry, it's one of those good band makes shit record scenarios. same goes for the noffix and therapy.

fenix said:
with the ones you cant give away, you should bring them into city discs in temple bar. theyll pay you around 3 - 5 euro a cd and they generally take most things once theyre not scratched. its an easy 80 quid.

i'd feel bad to think anyone would accidentally pay good money for any of these. that's what happened to me; i'd heard the name of the band and didn't check out whether they'd churned out any particularly shit records in an otherwise respectable lifetime and somehow often managed to buy the joke album. and the rest i got cos kerrang said to.

nooly said:
i'd feel bad to think anyone would accidentally pay good money for any of these. that's what happened to me; i'd heard the name of the band and didn't check out whether they'd churned out any particularly shit records in an otherwise respectable lifetime and somehow often managed to buy the joke album. and the rest i got cos kerrang said to.

Start of an interesting conversation; what fairly big bands did you miss out on for years because you got the wrong album?

Circle Jerks - same as you Nooly, always thought that Circle Jerks were over-rated cos of getting the wrong albums...and then I heard Group Sex...

Discharge - heard some shit band doing a bad live cover (can´t remember what song) and then some spiky punks wearing Discharge t-shirts were total wankers to me when I was a pop-punk/hc kid...bastards...deprived me of many happy years.

Husker Du - I think I got Warehouse and it totally wasn´t to my tastes, wasn´t until a few years later when Levinge put Something I Learned Today on a tape for me that I found out how amazing this band were...

Bolt Thrower - dunno what I heard but it was certainly the wrong shit because it wasn´t till later that I was rocked.

Eoddy Gorilla said:
I'll take all the Madball.

Tnx.
that was put in as a joke, nobody buys madball albums, madball have a system like that guy on that ad that used to be on tv, ye know the guy who had the g-g-g-g-galway song and went around buying his own cds to get into the charts? like that except with more bandana's and muscles/fatness and wife beaters and other such things

Corm said:
Husker Du - I think I got Warehouse and it totally wasn´t to my tastes, wasn´t until a few years later when Levinge put Something I Learned Today on a tape for me that I found out how amazing this band were...

have you heard the new Bob Mould album?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back