please take these shite CDs off my hands. free to good home.. (2 Viewers)

right, seems like this is the line-up of people who want to add a few musical abominations to their cd collections:

karl - descendents
napalm - hhn comp (peee-ew! !bog )
xie - circle jerks
gary - pet lamb
conchita - therapy?
sean vd - 10 ft pole (stanto! i was going to give you this cd on the sly and say you asked for it first but ya ruined it by asking for it publicly!)

any chance of you all turning up at the lost film fest tomorrow? post back which of you will be there and i'll bring the relevant shit cds along. xie you already said you'd be there so that's ok.

Cormcolash said:
Fuck sake Nooly, a small amount of those CDs are great and you would never want to get rid of them!

i have re-read the list and can only conclude that you are taking the piss, bigtime.

descendents - enjoy! [someones already asked for it but what's wrong with Descendants?]

machine head - the more things change, the burning red [the more things change has "Ten Ton Hammer on it right? not a bad band... if i was still into metal]

nofx - S&M airlines [not a good album in any sense even though i like nofx, would make a nice coaster]

presidents of the united states of america - freaked out and small [ah come on whats wrong with the PUSA?]

sonic youth - dirty [meh!]

therapy? - suicide pact - andy cairns first [good live]

would take any of these off yer hands

what's wrong with the descendents is that they made a shit album, called enjoy!.
machine head were enjoyable for the duration of death church with 10 ton hammer being the only striking song on the more things change..
what's wrong with PUSA is that they made a shit album, called freaked out and small.
sonic youth is not my cup of tea, let's leave it at that.. !zed
i don't care if therapy are the best live band in the world, which is unlikely, since bands that are good live presumably have the talent and motivation to make reasonably good records, that album is still shite. even the liner booklet is one of the most half-arsed efforts i've ever seen. the whole stupid mess is an insult to the concept of music. same goes for most of these bollocks albums that these bands churned out; why...? to fulfil contracts i guess...fuck knows why else anyone would go to the bother of putting this insipid rubbish on record.
in conclusion, you can have the machine heads, noffix and PUSA, at your peril. will you be at the lost film fest tomorrow?

Therapy? - Suicide Pact You First - This is actually the only fuckin decent album Therapy? have made in the last eight years or so. There's a couple of great songs on there, although there are a share of fillers all right. The last time Therapy? were any good live was right after they made this album.

Circle Jerks - I refuse to believe that there is a Circle Jerks album that isn't any good, even though I've only heard a couple.

Deftones - Adrenaline - This is a decent album, in fairness the Deftones were just enough before the nu-metal crap to retain enough integrity not to be classed as completely shite.

Ensign - Cast the First Stone - This is a fucking great album full stop. This album fucking rules. Why the fuck anyone would ever want to get rid of this album us beyond me. I will never get bored of this album.

Most of the rest of your list is shite fair enough. Jesus Christ, why the fuck would you EVER have a Counting Fucking Crows single?

Everything after Troublegum was a disappointment in much the same way that watching your toddler run head-on towards a speeding lorry is a disappointment. I loved Therapy as a kid. I remember when I was 14 getting on a bus into town to pick up the new single Happy People Have No Stories. I was pissing myself with excitement. When I got home and listened to it I could have shot Andy Cairns in the face for wrecking my favourite band with cocaine and moustaches. Now the fat cunt sleeps in fear (and hopefully in a huge amount of debt too).

moustaches never ruined anything, except maybe this teacher i used to have in school who grew one and even after she got rid of it i could never look at her the same way again. So no chance of the ensign album then? or sonic youth? And cormac, i love the circle jerks but that album is a bit dodgy, doesn't sound like the ones you've heard wwhich i presume are group sex and wild in the streets.

That´s true as fuck about Therapy?. I remember hearing all the singles off that album on MTV and then I saved up and bought the tape of Troublegum, it was during one of the opening matches of USA ´94 and my dad drove me to Stillorgan Shopping Centre after work to buy it in Golden Discs, he was pissed off cos he wanted to watch the football, but I´d kept annoying him for ages till he gave in. Deadly. Then we moved to Roscommon and I bought that shite single off the next album and was so confused and disapointed that I listened to disco music for 2 years until getting back into heavy metal. It all went downhill from there.

There's a glut of therapy vinyl on ebay at the minute. I bought a fuckload of it myself yesterday. Now i just have to figure out how i can afford it.

nooly said:
what's wrong with the descendents is that they made a shit album, called enjoy!.
machine head were enjoyable for the duration of death church with 10 ton hammer being the only striking song on the more things change..
what's wrong with PUSA is that they made a shit album, called freaked out and small.
sonic youth is not my cup of tea, let's leave it at that.. !zed
i don't care if therapy are the best live band in the world, which is unlikely, since bands that are good live presumably have the talent and motivation to make reasonably good records, that album is still shite. even the liner booklet is one of the most half-arsed efforts i've ever seen. the whole stupid mess is an insult to the concept of music. same goes for most of these bollocks albums that these bands churned out; why...? to fulfil contracts i guess...fuck knows why else anyone would go to the bother of putting this insipid rubbish on record.
in conclusion, you can have the machine heads, noffix and PUSA, at your peril. will you be at the lost film fest tomorrow?
was indeed at the film fest but hadn't seen this post

i was wearing a misfits tshirt and shorts and holding up the bar

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back