Playstation 3 Delayed for Europe (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 75
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 3
one of the best things about the 360 controller is the removable battery. I have one rechargable pack and if anyone happen to pop over i always have the old aa batteries handy. Never an issue!

So it could plausibly be this time next year before they're released here?

I'm not gonna get one till 2008 in any case, the 360 looks like it'll easily keep me going till then.

I never thought I would even consider getting a PS3 (don't even own any of the previous systems) but the fact that they released the OS bootloader, it would make a nice media center and blu-ray is a plus. I wonder what's the story with adding extra capacity?

I read an article last week saying analysts think Sony could be loosing as much as $300 per console at the moment, I don't expect to see a price drop for a couple of years.

Most of the complaints in that article are all software based, sony could have an update out by march that would resolve all those issues.

Nonetheless i'm happy to wait till 2008 before i even consider buying one.

I read an article last week saying analysts think Sony could be loosing as much as $300 per console at the moment, I don't expect to see a price drop for a couple of years.

microsoft are also losing on each 360 although not as much. Its mainly due to the blu-ray drive. I think sony really have shot themselves in the foot. They said they would have a lot more units in the us than they actually do and it seems its just down to a shortage of blue-ray diodes!

microsoft are also losing on each 360 although not as much. Its mainly due to the blu-ray drive. I think sony really have shot themselves in the foot. They said they would have a lot more units in the us than they actually do and it seems its just down to a shortage of blue-ray diodes!

Blu-ray was a hefty gamble.

The dvd player on the ps2 was so poor that most owners just bought standalone dvd players soon after. I'd be suprised if the ps3 was any different with regard to blu-ray.

i love the hum of the ps2 as you're drifting off to sleep

or say, as you're coming around the morning after a night out on the high seas
nothing says "welcome back to earth fucker!" quite like it

I remember hearing that Microsoft have just reached the point where components for the Xbox 360 are so cheap now that they're actually making a small profit on the sale of each console.

So only Sony is taking a loss.

the runmour was it was costing 700 ish to make a 360 at the start which is a pretty hefty loss. But then again that was a year ago

doubt it dude, i will be wii'ing though. The big difference between the ps2 and ps3 is that now all developers are making games for both the 360 and the ps3 so I dont see a point in having both. The big ps3 game for me was assasins creed but that was recently announced for the 360 as well!

The only game i know i'd consider getting a ps3 for in the next year would be GTA4 but thats comin out on the 360, one of the reasons i got one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back