Playstation 3 Delayed for Europe (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 75
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 3
afaik the ps3 isn't even in production yet. actually, how many xbox360's were available on launch date? sounds like another crisis buying time except the phenomenal recommended price tag. has a euro price been quoted for the ps3 yet?

€600 or €700

theres two versions of the PS3

one has a larger hard drive, wifi & blutooth 700ish

the other doesnt 500ish

so you havent heard that they arent shipping with HDMI cables...?
yup. thats right. gotta pay an extra few quid for one..
sure ernesto is this actually true? youd know like.
no sony product ships with the relevant cables. ever. esp DV cameras. ye alwas have to buy the firwire lead separate. sneaky shits.

i wouldnt say they would, not sure. dont care. i quit suckin Mr sonys cock 6 weeks ago. i love waitin to go back to college!!!

haha, Playstation 3 is teh ball $ack

Looks like another nail in Sonys coffin if you ask me (which you didn't). Seems like the hurried early launch of the 360 wasn't such a bad idea afterall. 360s will be sitting comfortably in many homes, building up a decent software library, while Sony pull this shit. AND they ain't getting no Fifa or PES for a year.

here, me and old are investing in pro evo 5 for the pc. £10 from play at the moment, and we can play online. i got a bold version off the internet, and it's phenomenal, way better than the ps2
Meh, don't want to play pes on a little laptop screen. I'll just have to give you a beating in person. You been practising?

Sony announce PlayStation 3 price cut
22/09/2006 - 07:14:30

Japan’s Sony Corporation today said it was to lower the price of its much-anticipated PlayStation 3 video game console, heating up the competition in the next-generation gaming war against rivals Microsoft and Nintendo.

The announcement comes just days after Microsoft announced it would roll out an external high definition DVD player for its Xbox 360 in an effort to match the PlayStation 3, which is due to be released later this year with its own Blu-ray DVD technology.

Sony will cut the price of its basic PlayStation 3 model in Japan to 47,600 yen (€319.52), from an originally planned 59,800 yen (€401.40).

That puts the PlayStation 3 in the same range as the combined basic Xbox 360 and HD DVD player in Japan, where the duo will sell for 49,600 yen (€332.94).

The price cut affects the basic PlayStation 3 model, which comes with a 20 gigabyte hard drive. The price of another 60 gigabyte version will be left to retailers.

The PlayStation 3 will go on sale in Europe at £335 (€498) for a 20 gigabyte hard drive version and at £402 (€598) for the 60 gigabyte version.

Just read there that, metal gear solid not out till late next year, gran turismo in 2008 and warhark late 2007. I reckon i will give it a while before picking one up!

PS3 once again confirmed as region free

By Tom Orry - 22/09/2006 - 4:58pm GMT
Phil Harrison confirms that the PlayStation 3 will be region free for games, but not for movies.

As head of Sony's worldwide development studios we've got to believe that he knows what he's talking about, so further confirmation from Mr Harrison should really end all confusion over the region free issue. During an interview with Wired's Game blog he said that "Yes, [it will be region free] for games but not movies."

This goes along with what Sony has said in the past, but given Nintendo's recent uncertainty over the Wii's region locking, it's hard to view the announcement without a small amount of scepticism. Assuming no wires have been crossed, it's great news for European gamers, who can now import a PlayStation 3 and then purchase PAL games when the system launches in March.

precisely what i didn't want to hear.

This guff about having to buy the cars and tracks for Gran Turismo separately, as part of "microtransactions" is giving me a fucking ulcer. Good thing:
1. I don't really "get" (or "get into") GT
2. It's not gonna come out until 2008 or so, which gives them plenty of time to cop the fuck on.

But it's where this is leading that's making me puke. Imagine playing Metal Gear Solid 4 and HAVING TO BUY YOUR BULLETS. WITH REAL MONEY.

Freaked.

This guff about having to buy the cars and tracks for Gran Turismo separately, as part of "microtransactions" is giving me a fucking ulcer. Good thing:
1. I don't really "get" (or "get into") GT
2. It's not gonna come out until 2008 or so, which gives them plenty of time to cop the fuck on.

But it's where this is leading that's making me puke. Imagine playing Metal Gear Solid 4 and HAVING TO BUY YOUR BULLETS. WITH REAL MONEY.

Freaked.

i can see how that might work for SingStar, but not more traditional games. although there's already extra cars for PGR3 & maps for Ghost Recon on sale on Xbox Live....

i can see how that might work for SingStar, but not more traditional games. although there's already extra cars for PGR3 & maps for Ghost Recon on sale on Xbox Live....
True dat, but both of these are both examples of "extra content" being created after the game went to maret. This I can get with (although I have yet to buy myself the Horse Armour for Oblivion). With GT: HD, they're talking about making two different SKUs, one of which will sh(oip with absolutely no cars or tracks. You need to buy them up yourself.

This is a racing game that comes with no cars on the disc. Is it really that much of a stretch to imagine buying Singstar that came with no songs on the disc. Or a shooting game that came with no bullets on the disc.

Okay, the Metal Gear Solid thing is a bit far-fetched, but you know what I mean. I only pray to God that the price of the crippled version of GT: HD is in line with the fact that you're just paying for menus.

Terra Soft's Yellow Dog Linux v5.0 will be released for PlayStation 3 in mid-November, the company announced this week.

Yes, this means you'll be able to use your PlayStation 3 as a computer as well as all the things Sony's already offering - and it's all done with the platform holder's backing too.

What's more, if you wait a little while it won't actually cost anything. Terra Soft's "YDL.net" service users (who pay a fee) will be able to get it first, as a PC distribution that allows for the creation of a PS3 install-disc; then two weeks later you'll be able to order ready-made PS3 install discs for a cost; and another two weeks after that the PS3 distribution will be released onto public mirrors.

As well as a single-click install mode for Linux newbies, Terra Soft will include an advanced installer. The operating system itself is based on the Fedora Core 5, with an integrated E17 desktop, and bundled FireFox 1.5.0, Thunderbird 1.5.0, OpenOffice.org 2.0.2 and other applications.

It's based on kernel 2.6.1.6, gcc 3.4.4 and glibc 2.4, apparently (yes, that means nothing to me - leave it), with Cell SDK 1.1 included and Nautilus 2.1.4. Terra Soft also says we'll find "a suite of Personal Accessories, Development Tools; Sound & Video, Internet, and Networking applications" bundled with the OS.

"From the days of the Commodore 64 to modern overclocked and water cooled home computers, a battle has raged between dedicated game boxes and home computers for highest quality game play," says Terra Soft's Owen Stampflee. "PlayStation 3 provides an industry first exceptional Linux OS experience ... and Terra Soft the first Linux OS. I am proud to have played a part in this development."

precisely what i didn't want to hear.

and then they do this

Sony to 'block PS3 Euro imports'

Sony has said it will use the "full scope of the law" to block the importing of PlayStation 3s (PS3) into Europe before its official release.

The much-anticipated games console goes on sale in the US and Japan next month but is not out in Europe until 2007.

Last week a British judge ruled that Hong Kong import/export firm Lik-Sang could not sell the Japanese version of Sony's handheld PSP in Europe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6076354.stm

it seems they can't make enough to meet US demand, which will probably further delay the european launch.

in other news, preordered american PS3s are going for over $2000 on ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back