Omelette Rocker wannabe's on Julius Geezer wekkas
Otranome Hard rockin youngsters

ThatsTONIGHT Tuesday 27th Aug
DA2 wexford st (opposite whelans)
Door Damage 3 europians
Doors 8:30

Thats a quid a band, sher yeh caynt go wrong

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
Hey Ian, can't get through to yr email / or pm you. Sound check 6-8, and can you still bring that amp?
Cheers

yyup

Yeah, so that gig is TONIGHT now.

For all those who were complaining about no women in Irish music put your €3 where your mouth is.

Had to leg it after a few Playground songs, sounded pretty cool!

First time in Da2, not bad either, kind of hot and sweaty. What's the story with booking it?

Thanks for coming along. We found it hard to rock properly. It was like a frikkin sauna.
Still, it's an easy sauna to book...the guy who runs the gigs is called mick, don't have his number handy but if you ring the place they should have it.

I thought I was going to electrocute myself. That was the first time (well, since an ill-advised spinning misadventure) that sweat dripped from my face.
I also wanted to give a shout out to the sound engineer. There are no words...

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2

I also wanted to give a shout out to the sound engineer. There are no words...

yeah, during the playground sound check he looked back at me paul and ian and threw his eyes to heaven. he was one of these idiots who thinks he's doing you a favour by being your sound engineer. a prick.
not a bad little venue though, shame about the pretty constant smell of piss and the clicking fan onstage.

the sound is good on stage in the Da2

The soundman is quite good but he shouts at you

"Turn down your guitar!"

"Talk into the mic!"

Maybe he's a bit hard of hearing.

As a venue, it's a bit odd because there's this area off to the side of the stage that the audience doesn't know about. Otherwise it's good. Reasonable to hire (not that pay-2-play is ever acceptable) and in the middle of town.

I don't know if we're talking about the same guy - BIG hair? Well, he was fine at his job but not good enough to justify his rudeness. When I walked in and he was so obnoxious from the beginning I thought, Okay, this guy must be amazing at his job... No, just fine.
I found him unbelievable. I didn't want him to smile at me or anything excessive like that, I just wanted him to stop being a fucking prick. He was acting like someone had forced him to the job. Maybe they had. What do I know:confused:
I'd rather play GZ any day and not be able to hear myself than have that guy do his 'sound and bad vibe' speciality.

Might have been a different sound engineer that we had, but this guy was a sucker-fool. (insert your own, more interesting swear words there, by the way). From the moment we walked in the place, and indeed when talking to both the other bands, he was an utter wanker. Totally arrogant, and judging by the way the sound went downhill markedly as soon as we stared playing, either he's really petty, or he's just plain misogynistic. He was quite the man.

yeah..he was a knob alright.
fucker was drooling his limbs over the desk and looked as though
he was lacking in a skeleton(bad posture!!)
fuck him..if he was rude to you AND a tossy sound engineer well then he can eat shit!
at least in Dorans theyre idiots and too stoned off their faces to be rude.

isaac butts has a nice engineer called Dave.
and they have a new desk and gear n stuff.
worth a peek.

:D

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2
I don't know if we're talking about the same guy - BIG hair? Well, he was fine at his job but not good enough to justify his rudeness.

Sounds like the same guy all right. Very rude, but it actually didn't bother me. I noticed he was rude to the barmen, the manager, even some of the punters. I just figured well, that's his problem, as long as he does his job who cares. He messed with my distortion pedal though, which I didn't like. That won't be happening again. Hands off my gear Sideshow Bob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back