Playground Omo Otra... (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by snakybus

Sounds like the same guy all right. Very rude, but it actually didn't bother me. I noticed he was rude to the barmen, the manager, even some of the punters. I just figured well, that's his problem, as long as he does his job who cares. He messed with my distortion pedal though, which I didn't like. That won't be happening again. Hands off my gear Sideshow Bob.

Jesus!

no sound man should be messing with your pedals, getting the sound from your brain to the amp is your job, getting the sound from the amp to out and around the room is his job.

fuckin' with your pedals is nuts...

Originally posted by Pantone247

no sound man should be messing with your pedals, getting the sound from your brain to the amp is your job, getting the sound from the amp to out and around the room is his job.

I like that!! I hope you're not quoting that from a book though...cos if you are..... ;)

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
Happens all the time. Some muso/sound engineer head looks at a girl with a guitar and thinks 'she doesn't have a clue'. I see it all the time .

holy fuck, that would drive me demented

I know I'm not supposed to be hear anymore, I was just surfing by and I just HAD to add my opinion to this thread... (this is worse than Heroin withdrawel)

The sound guy at DA2 is an absolute PRICK ...
the guy is unfucking belivable... while playground were checking, he did indeed turn round to us and throw his hands up in the air in exagerated exasperation... fucking mesoginistic asshole!
His whole attitude with them was if they had a problem with the sound on stage it was their fault and they had to deal with it, instead of rectafying it and doing the job he was there to do... Example:
P.S. girl (sorry I forget your name): Can I have more vocals on stage please.
Sound Prick: Your not singing loud enough!
I wanted to strangle him...

When it came to our turn to check, and after I saw how he treated playground... I just barked a few orders of what we needed, and what we dident want, all he could say was OK...
Then at the end of the check it looked like it was killing him not being able to say anything and Blurted out... your second distortion petal is too toppy, to which I replyed, Yeah I know, it's meant to sound like that...

I hate him... jesus hopper, he was fucking with your pedals! should have kicked him in the face while he was bent down in front of you!

Originally posted by Ian
I hate him... jesus hopper, he was fucking with your pedals! should have kicked him in the face while he was bent down in front of you!

nah, i've never had the misfortune to play in DA2 with that cunt as a sound guy. 'twas snakey who had that lovely experience

i agree though, a kick in the face is a good idea for that carry on

it would be great if whoever runs the DA2 gigs was reading all this and that sound fella got his comeuppance. there's no need for that shite

I've heard that he was really nice to another band I know...that's either because he went to sound engineering college with the bass player, or because there were no filthy girls playing that night. I will be relaying my ' concerns ' to the guy who runs gigs in DA2...as soon as I can get a hold of him, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back