PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (1 Viewer)

ran into someone who's a worse shot than me

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i can't be doing that talking to people so solo only for me

Here's the thing, I kinda feel the same way, but I've been lucky in the maybe 20 games I've played so far that people have been relatively quiet. All chat is straight to the point about the game and objective. There's been no goofy kids. There's been no trolls. There *was* one guy who thought he was the shit but he wasn't but that's fine, and actually ads to the game imho trying to keep your team working well together. I'd say give it a go. Even if you choose not to speak there's a lot to be learned by moving as a team.

Here's the thing, I kinda feel the same way, but I've been lucky in the maybe 20 games I've played so far that people have been relatively quiet. All chat is straight to the point about the game and objective. There's been no goofy kids. There's been no trolls. There *was* one guy who thought he was the shit but he wasn't but that's fine, and actually ads to the game imho trying to keep your team working well together. I'd say give it a go. Even if you choose not to speak there's a lot to be learned by moving as a team.

Nah i'll stick to solo. Watching a good team play is very entertaining.

Man i love this game.

God I'm such a gammy shot. I will say though - for some reason the enemy players are a lot more apparent in this clip than when I was playing.

Also, why wouldn't he heal me back!!! :( You can't hear it in the video, but I was calling out to him on the mic.

We were so close to the end...
Damn you baguette33!!!

Last edited:

God I'm such a gammy shot. I will say though - for some reason the enemy players are a lot more apparent in this clip than when I was playing.

Also, why wouldn't he heal me back!!! :( You can't hear it in the video, but I was calling out to him on the mic.

We were so close to the end...
Damn you baguette33!!!

hey a #2 finish is really good!

i've only ever made it to #4 in solo and that was by avoiding everyone as much as possible

I'm developing a real appreciation for the S12K

hey a #2 finish is really good!

i've only ever made it to #4 in solo and that was by avoiding everyone as much as possible

Unfortunately that was #2 on my team :)

I think I was 6th overall. And trust me I was carried.
I'm finding my role in a 4 squad is generally to make good decisions on when to move, and where to move to. Killing people: not so much :)

Also, going on start on the steam controller today - with the gyro my aim should improve!!

Steam Controller gyro aim definitely makes life better. Highly recommend getting one by the way. I've hated fucking console style game controllers for my whole life, until I got one of these guys. Definitely replaces mouse and keyboard for so many games. And the gyro aim thing - you literally just aim by moving your hands slightly. It's amazing and makes the difference in twitch shooters like this.

Also yesterday I saw three people getting into a car and my brain was like "Faster you fools! You'll get hit!". Safe to say this game is invading my brain.

Steam Controller gyro aim definitely makes life better. Highly recommend getting one by the way. I've hated fucking console style game controllers for my whole life, until I got one of these guys. Definitely replaces mouse and keyboard for so many games. And the gyro aim thing - you literally just aim by moving your hands slightly. It's amazing and makes the difference in twitch shooters like this.

Also yesterday I saw three people getting into a car and my brain was like "Faster you fools! You'll get hit!". Safe to say this game is invading my brain.
Have you seen any of the zombie games footage?

A mod of this? Or the H1Z1 game by the same developer?

Some twitch streamers round up 95 randomers to play against them as a horde of zombies. Zombies can't use guns, just hand to hand. Humans can't use health kits / bandages. Hilarity ensues.

Some twitch streamers round up 95 randomers to play against them as a horde of zombies. Zombies can't use guns, just hand to hand. Humans can't use health kits / bandages. Hilarity ensues.

Haaa! Deadly.
I find it hard to imagine that 96 people would be prepared to play Zombie against 4 lucky competitors if this was an actual game mode. Maybe it they gave more than average in game currency to zombies..... But then you'd get currency miners and lots of Water key bound Zombies stuck running into brick walls.

This just in: I really suck at this game.
Still fun though. And every airplane I hear in the sky now IRL gives me a moment of nervousness.

They should have a death-match mode so you can practice with weapons. I'm finding I'm making decent decisions of when and where to go to keep safely following the zone, but once it get's down to a straight up shooting match I'm at a bit of a loss.

They should have a death-match mode so you can practice with weapons. I'm finding I'm making decent decisions of when and where to go to keep safely following the zone, but once it get's down to a straight up shooting match I'm at a bit of a loss.

some sort of training level with optional (stupid) bots would be handy alright

they should also have a call of duty style killcam replay so you'd have some fucking inkling of who just blew your head off and from where

I think they are making that kill cam in a future update.

Did you know the dude who made it is from Dublin? Mad isnt it. His name is Brendan Greene, all round decent skin to it has to be said.

Ive been playing it every night since it was released on early access. CHicken dinner in squad last night followed by a 2nd place.

I hate and love this game at the same time though.

New map looks pretty epic, I need a change a scenery. Nearly 600 hours in it, jesus.

M

some sort of training level with optional (stupid) bots would be handy alright

they should also have a call of duty style killcam replay so you'd have some fucking inkling of who just blew your head off and from where

I think they are making that kill cam in a future update.

Did you know the dude who made it is from Dublin? Mad isnt it. His name is Brendan Greene, all round decent skin to it has to be said.

Ive been playing it every night since it was released on early access. CHicken dinner in squad last night followed by a 2nd place.

I hate and love this game at the same time though.

New map looks pretty epic, I need a change a scenery. Nearly 600 hours in it, jesus.

M

Yeah, I can't decide if I love or hate this game sometimes too.
I'm not sure if the concept is watertight - As a newer and frankly less skilled player the there's an inclination to shy away from conflict. And I can get to the higher rankings in a game just by hiding. Obviously points awarded for kills too, but at the moment they're just for trading in for cosmetics.

As someone who does well in team fortress 2 because that's more about decision making and team work than necessarily having the best aim in the world this game kicks me in the balls with how accurate you have to be against the accrued skill and looting of the top players in a given round. There's no beating that 8x scope!

Git good noob!!

BY the way, have youse played in the First Person exclusive servers? I'm trying to decide if it's actually a much better game - where you can't have endless peak standoffs over a wall / down a corridor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back