Piece of kit needed to 'Split' a signal live? (1 Viewer)

sealed human

I've a live query on 'splitting' a signal from a synth for live purposes here that is taxing my grey matter...

basically live I have a Korg synth running into a DI to the desk, so far, so normal. I've now introduced a drum machine into the mix that has an external input into it. I want to plug the Korg into this for some songs and run an arpeggiator through it, as dependent on the programming I can chop the synth part up within the beat which rocks.

Doing this poses a problem live of course as I'd have to get the engineer to mute the channel, unplug the DI, plug into the drum machine, and then vice versa after the song which would be time consuming and annoying.

I'm sure theres a piece of kit that I can plug into where one lead runs off into the DI and another into the drum machine, and I can switch from one to the other without the above messing about. where do I find something like that?

Answers on a postcard...

Switching pedals are available, input in then a tap of a button would determine whether you send the output signal to the DI or to the drum machine.

Boss AB-2 switching pedal or an EH Nano-Switchblade would be two of that sort that springs to mind immediately.

input into it. I want to plug the Korg into this for some songs and run an arpeggiator through it, as dependent on the programming I can chop the synth part up within the beat which rocks.

I have a Korg ER1 drum machine, with a gate, which I can do this sort of thing with

I plug the synths and groovebox into my small mixer, the Korg ER1 into another channel, then plug the AUX OUT into the audio in's on the ER1, this means I can send as little or as much of whatever instruments I want to the gate whenever I want too... it may be (not much) more expensive then a pedal, but allows you more flexability and expandibability (is that a word?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back