pick-up for Banjo (1 Viewer)

windings

Website
www.windingswindings.com
Where'll i get one of these for cheap? I saw the dude from the Jimmy Cake with one stuck onto his banjo, any idea what kind of pick-up i should get or anything like that? I really don't have a clue like:confused:

I have an fishman pickup for my banjo. Very good sound, although the output volume is quite low. Fishman are considered high quality. Mine was around €250.

Snakybus has an external pickup I believe

6000 SUX said:
I have an fishman pickup for my banjo. Very good sound, although the output volume is quite low. Fishman are considered high quality. Mine was around €250.

Snakybus has an external pickup I believe

is a fishman one you just stick on to the outside of the banjo? Which should i go for? I'm not really looking for excellent sound quality, just big amplification really

windings said:
is a fishman one you just stick on to the outside of the banjo? Which should i go for? I'm not really looking for excellent sound quality, just big amplification really

Gibson do a really good pick up, with which you'll get both excellent quality and a pretty decent output. It costs around E200 and is attaches to the internal crossbar, pressing against the back of the skin. I think it comes with a volume/tone control panel that fits on the edge of the resonator and can plug directly into a guitar amp.

Or you could do what i did and buy a cheap ass violin transducer and stick it directly onto the middle foot of the bridge. It's crude, but sounds allright, and i've found it has a better output than an actual banjo transducer which fits against the back of the skin. The one i have on it now cost E14 and does the trick. If you've seen the jimmy cack live you'll know what it sounds like.

The Chilli King said:
Or you could do what i did and buy a cheap ass violin transducer and stick it directly onto the middle foot of the bridge. It's crude, but sounds allright, and i've found it has a better output than an actual banjo transducer which fits against the back of the skin. The one i have on it now cost E14 and does the trick. If you've seen the jimmy cack live you'll know what it sounds like.

Aha! Excellent, that's the one i'll be purchasing, thanks guys and gals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back