Euro Fantasy Football (2 Viewers)

Nate Champion

I set up a few fantasy leagues for the Euros.

I have a spare one provisionally called Jim Beglin's Bar Tab that can be used for folks on here.

Let me know. Only six hours or so to get your research done and your team picked!

I hadn't a brown clue who to pick. Ended up with 20 mill spare out of 100 mill. I just hate winners.

I've never done fantasy football - no interest.
but I used to enter Last Man Standing things and always get knocked out early on.
ROY OF THE RAVERS was my chosen name.

someone on thumped was a fan of this retro house project which made me LOL when I first heard the name.

I've never done fantasy football - no interest.
but I used to enter Last Man Standing things and always get knocked out early on.
ROY OF THE RAVERS was my chosen name.

someone on thumped was a fan of this retro house project which made me LOL when I first heard the name.
Big fan o' Roy of the Ravers here.

The Premier League Thumped fantasy league still trundles on. Came a disappointing 6th this year...

Big fan o' Roy of the Ravers here.

The Premier League Thumped fantasy league still trundles on. Came a disappointing 6th this year...
Shit. Wish I'd known. Is someone running a Euros one? Who's running this mother?

Love the whole cottoning on to Stewie Dallas and Raphinha for a few weeks, none of this buying KDB malarkey.

I never do Fantasy League things properly, I always get bored of them after a week or two. I can't be arsed with all the switching players in and out. It should just be pick 11 at the start of the season and that's you until the end!

I never do Fantasy League things properly, I always get bored of them after a week or two. I can't be arsed with all the switching players in and out. It should just be pick 11 at the start of the season and that's you until the end!
Yeah - it's nothing like being a manager in reality which is partly why it doesn't appeal to me.
There was an ESPN 30 for 30 doc about how the idea started with a bunch of friends doing a baseball Fantasy League 40 odd years ago. They didn't patent anything and their idea was quickly widely copied.

I think there are some versions similar to that, or you can maybe trade players... fantasy football is now pretty much the only thing that keeps me interested in the whole damn charade anyways.. the thrill of a Burnley clean sheet or having picked a 4.0m defender from Sheffield who ends up on the wing and takes all the corners. Pure joy. Pure, sad, joy.

Shit. Wish I'd known. Is someone running a Euros one? Who's running this mother?

Love the whole cottoning on to Stewie Dallas and Raphinha for a few weeks, none of this buying KDB malarkey.

The Thumped league was set up maybe 2008 and just keeps rolling over to the next season. Not too sure how many regular posters are still on board.. Will dig out the invite code and post it before the next season..

never do Fantasy League things properly, I always get bored of them after a week or two. I can't be arsed with all the switching players in and out. It should just be pick 11 at the start of the season and that's you until the end!
Sounds like you want a league for lads who forget all about it. The lazy league for Les Battersby vest-wearing louts.
When Sheff Utd came into the league, I bought Enda Stevens because he was a cheap wingback and he was Irish. He was the only player I never transferred out that season. He had a ridiculous fantasy season and brought in a shit-ton of points. I did the same the year before with Raul Jiminez on a tip from a Wolverhampton friend.
I think there are some versions similar to that, or you can maybe trade players... fantasy football is now pretty much the only thing that keeps me interested in the whole damn charade anyways.. the thrill of a Burnley clean sheet or having picked a 4.0m defender from Sheffield who ends up on the wing and takes all the corners. Pure joy. Pure, sad, joy.
I agree. It's one more layer of distraction in the world of football against the emptiness of existence.

I hate getting luxury players in.

Invariably you don't need to spend big to win. There's always consistent performers emerging who are bargains compared to the elite, established. To make it more interesting though, they could insanely ratchet [??? sounds right] up the value of someone like Raphinha where he goes from being 6.5 mill to 9 based on performance within a matter of months to reward those who were on board early.

Watkins, Bamford, the list goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back