Pick me a guitar amp (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
Anyone able to recommend either a combo or a head for a practice room / small gig off thomann.

budget between 500 and 700 max

If it's gonna be used by random folks and people who potentially don't know how to use an amplifier properly you would be better off with a solid state than a valve combo for maintenance reasons. The relative 'loudness' of each type of amp is different so you have to be careful to get something usable, i.e a 50 watt valve amp will sound just as loud as a 100 watt transistor amp as a rule of thumb.

everyone's familiar with marshall so that's an obvious starting point

on your budget, you have the option for buying a stack or a combo. if i was buying now on that money i'd go for a stack most likely, as that way you've got the option of upgrading the head/cabinet as your needs change.

No debate on valves being the superior product but this is for a communal practice room with random users/kids/drunks whoever and the maintenance and upkeep work on a valve amp just wouldn't be feasible imo. aso head and cab would be in theory better than a combo but again could be scuppered by people not knowing how to treat the gear properly. for €700 is it feasible to get one fairly shite but rugged combo for regular use and a decent one for more refined users?

tis money that comes with requiremenrts for being spent on new equipment and need receipts etc and 400 of the 700 is already in thomann as credit for returned item . funding shite but hey its money for good things.

users will be like tommy said, everythign from experts to chancers and kids.

theres already a spare cab here so a head and a combo for that money would give a lot of options.

Anyone able to recommend either a combo or a head for a practice room / small gig off thomann.

budget between 500 and 700 max

my advise is dont buy new! ive bought so much new shit and only realisin how good and cheap you can get second hand stuff. find a good amp and look for it second hand. gumtree and adverts are good. if you really want to buy new try gak.co.uk 1st as they are usually cheaper than thomann.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back