dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
can anyone tell me the best place in town for cheap decent b+w photo prints? that isn't the camera exchange on georges st. i was told before but my crap brain has failed me.

i was at the world trade centre site this weekend, pretty humbling.

ok

so its like this, if you use XP2 black and white film Hacketts on Baggot Street seem to be the place to go. XP2 can be run thru colour processing, (which is cheaper BUT with varying degrees of sucsess sometimes they come out with a yellow or blue hue to them). And Hacketts apparantly does good quality prints from XP2 and a good deal on this. Be Cheeky ask for bulk discount if you've loads of film to do.

If its not XP2 then herself recommends a photo shop kind of across from Whelans on Wexford street (Thomas Gunns... I think). Anyway it would seem that most photo shops in Dublin who'll take your black and white film just send it on to this place, so its a case of cutting out the middle man and gong to them.

hope thats some help!

did you enjoy NYC??

Be warned though with xp2 film, if you develop it with colour processing you will get a sepia effect which can look a bit shit, the best thing to do is get just the negatives (costs £2 or so) developed and then bring them to the photography gallery in temple bar and rent a developing room for a decent price and develope them on B/W paper to your hearts content.

You can also develop from colour negatives and it gives a nice soft focus effect mmmm!!

http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/pdf/XP2SGB_QX.pdf

aaaahhhhh I think we're getting to the crux of the problem now Mr 1984. According to this you can process your negatives with a normal one hour photo machine.

BUT that it prints on to black and white paper.

I'd wager the problem with funny colouring is that they're using colour photgraph paper, thus you get funny brown or blue tints.... worth asking about.

....gosh Xp2, it all seems so long ago.... slowly coming back to me.......

dudley (31 Oct, 2001 05:05 p.m.):
can anyone tell me the best place in town for cheap decent b+w photo prints? that isn't the camera exchange on georges st.

Try DM Prints, 68 Merrion Square (in the basement). They will Develop & Print 24 Exposures for £9.25
You might find cheaper but DM are professional and reliable.

Whatever you do, don't go to Conn's Cameras, located in that silly little arcade off Grafton Street near Golden Discs.

Conn's cameras are ridiculously expensive. And all they do is send your negatives somewhere else anyway.

They got their name from their business ethos: camera cons.

pedro (01 Nov, 2001 01:35 p.m.):
dudley (31 Oct, 2001 05:05 p.m.):
can anyone tell me the best place in town for cheap decent b+w photo prints? that isn't the camera exchange on georges st.

Try DM Prints, 68 Merrion Square (in the basement). They will Develop & Print 24 Exposures for £9.25
You might find cheaper but DM are professional and reliable.

in my impatience i just left the films into my local chemist to be developed. the colour ones came back fine but they destroyed the black and white ones, which were the majority of my holiday pics. apparently the film was unused.

em, then why the fuck did you develop it? theory is, seeing as they gave me back blank negatives the next day, they put them in with the colour films and fucked it up. heads will roll.
pricks

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back