Photo's of Gigs Passed or Famous People Met (2 Viewers)

i met spencer krug on sunday night. i had to use the bands dressing room to take a whizz. as i was coming out i bumped into him and had a quick chat. lovely fella if a little bit touched. i hadnt washed my hands. i think he knew. he's one of those urea savants. sunset rubdown gig was awesome.

My girlf spent one Xmas in Waterford Castle, at the same time as but hopefully not in the same room as Jason Priestly (I can't compete with prettyboy Priestly). She also served Sean Penn breakfast when she was working in a cafe on Moore St, and later on that week she read a made-up tabloid story about him wrecking the place. She took a phone call from Stanley Kubrick a couple of months before he died. Recently she totally blanked Peter Mansbridge in the canteen in work, but only Canadian types would know why that's funny.

A friend of ours was hit on on two non-consecutive occasions by Allan Ginsberg, and he has a Kevin Spacey story too.

Mine are shit by comparison - I swapped plane seats with a member of Boyzone - the one that was on Coronation St - and have met a few dodgy LA goth rocker types and also, in a fit of culchie firstyear arrogance, tried to chat up the singer from Scheer.

in ballybunion...i met...pat jennings, def leppard, dick spring, tom watson and the bomber liston. never had so much fun bushing in all my life. dick spring sure can put back a can of cider.

queen kong said:
villedavid5ey.jpg

here is our bass player with ville valo,at the lesbians on E gig,arguing over whos version of Wicked Game is worse.
Jeez Dave, you really look like Alan Donoghue(the rakes)

Eugene Hughes and Dennis Taylor at the '85 Benson & Hedges Open at Goffs.

Frank Stapleton at the opening of the (then) new Tesco (I think it's Iceland now) in Tallaght Village. He signed one of those crap plastic footballs for me.

Paul McGrath in the queue for the metal detector at Dublin Airport. Everybody just said "howya Paul" to him and then stood there with cheesy grins staring at him waiting for him to say something clever.

Damien Duff, Shay Given and Gary Breen were enjoying a nice pint in the Long Stone one night when I accidentally ruined their night by spilling a bit of a pint over Duff's shoulder. It was my fault, I was trying for the old *carrying 4 pints without a tray* stunt. I apologised, but I could see that Duff was pissed off by the scowl on his face and he kep muttering stuff to the other lads. I thought they were going to start on me, but they didn't have the balls.

I had a nice chat with Devendra Banhart in the toilet at the Gira gig in Ryans.

I met (ie said hello to) about 20 megastars at the Autechre ATP.

Met Johnny Depp in a Japanese restaurant in Berkley CA, was coming out of the jacks after doing some coke as he was going in, saw me snuffle a bit too much and laughed-he sent a round of drinks to our table so it would have been rude not to offer him some of my bag-ended up in the Hustler Club in SF avec JD later on that evening, screaming at strippers, both with nicely powdered noses- fuckin surreal! Then I puked and went home!
Johnny never called like he said he would...

Met Mike Patton and King Buzzo at the Fantomas gig-wasn't quite as exciting though.

Miked up Paul McGrath for an interview at a conference in Feburary, he went to the jacks not realising that the lapel mic was still on, an embarassing few moments for all while Paul squeezed one out! Shortly afterwards I cut the sound.

ALLAHQUANDO!!
PLAYED ICE HOCKEY WITH DOUG GILMORE, MIKE VERNON AND AL McINNIS FROM THE '88/'89 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION CALGARY FLAMES ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO. KICKED ASS.
ALLAHQUANDO!!

TREV TAUGHT DAMIEN DUFF EVERYTHING HE KNOWS ABOUT REACTING WHEN HE GETS A PINT SPILLED ON HIM.
ALLAHQUANDO!!

I GAVE SAMMY HAGAR A LAXATIVE BUT I THINK HE STUCK IT UP HIS HOLE CARTMAN STYLE. WE ALL KNOW WHAT COMES OUT HIS MOUTH.

ALLAHQUANDO!!

Osama Van Halen said:
ALLAHQUANDO!!
PLAYED ICE HOCKEY WITH DOUG GILMORE, MIKE VERNON AND AL McINNIS FROM THE '88/'89 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION CALGARY FLAMES ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO. KICKED ASS.
No Lanny McDonald?

very cool....where was this?

Met Henry Rollins in the savoy a few years ago, called his name as he passed, Hank paused for a barely perceptible moment,hunched his shoulders and growled 'not now'....intense.Had 2 decent conversations with Guy Picciotto and Jeru the Damaja as well though, they were a lot nicer(more talented,taller,sexier,etc)

Charlie McCrevey at a traffic lights on stephens greem
Bertie Ahern in the grounds of the Dail
shane mcgowan in heathrow airport
Felipe contepomi in hodges and figgis
john kelly (the dj not the rugby player) in Brown thomas
Gordon Darcy outside road records
Shane horgan and Brian odriscoll in grafton street

Lord Damian said:
Originally Posted by Osama Van Halen
ALLAHQUANDO!!

No Lanny McDonald?

very cool....where was this?[/quote]

OSAMA VAN HALEN, I DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS. I REQUIRE DETAILS. THANK YOU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back