Photos from Chernobyl / USSR (1 Viewer)

I don't mean to belittle what happened and the effect it had on everyone from that area, but Chernobyl really does remind me of Tipperary.

weird, I was reading loads about chernobyl and the surrounding zone of alienation recently... mad shit. apparently in the years afterward, there have been enormous increases in all kinds of animal life due to lack of human activity in the area; first there was a massive population explosion of rats caused by non-harvested crops; then predators such as wolves and foxes, many of whom were rabid. crossbreeds between wolves and dogs left behind by evacuees then started creating problems for the small human population of workers and remaining locals, as they had less fear of people.

really interesting subject. especially since voices are beginning to be raised in ireland again about nuclear power as a future alternative to oil. fuck that.

Man, thats it. I'm now going to visit that area. I have a deep fascination with abandoned buildings. Something strangely beautiful about seeing the ruined shells of them.. No idea why though..

i don't think you can go there
it's closed area.
i have been driving through this part of ukraine three years ago with my band. and there was nothing else but forests and really fucked up roads.

i don't think you can go there
it's closed area.
i have been driving through this part of ukraine three years ago with my band. and there was nothing else but forests and really fucked up roads.

you can get in there if you get special permission/permits. However for anyone to get a visa into the area is nigh on impossible..

amazing pictures, I definitely reccomend looking at them while listening to Amebix.... or playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl while listening to Amebix.. but that's another story...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back