phantom menace is on (1 Viewer)

Yeah it was Ford's idea because he had only signed up for two originally.

I think the big root problem with the production of The Phantom Menace is that you have this guy who hasn't directed a film in two decades who decides to take upon one of the most anticapated films of the last century. Goes in all cocky, thinking he's got these great effects and that everybody will be dazzled with what computers can do these days, but he just fucks it up in every possible way and gets the worst performances out of the entire cast.

"Duel of the Fates" is probably the most original thing that John Williams has done in a long time.

Is Tom Cruise in it? I don't think I ever saw that one.

Time Bandits?

n43429.jpg

more top qualidee from the George Lucas stable.

I don't think Tom Cruise was born yet

Tom Cruise was in a fantasy film wasn't he? Maybe I'm thinking of that fella out of Time Bandits...

A couple of months before that came out I was in San Francisco and went to see the Matrix with some friends in the movie house. Before it there was a trailer for the Phantom Menace. The whole fuckin place went mad cheering. Srusly. I was morto.

I saw a trailer for it in the cinema as well and in all fairness, my heart nearly burst out of my chest when the Star Wars music came on. I had a little cry as well.

I thought it was an alright film, not as bad as lots of people said.

It was Annakin that pissed me off, not Jar Jar. Jar Jar's alright. People read too much into fillums - it's a kids adventure movie, you shouldn't be expecting The Piano, or The English Patient or whatever fancy films you'se critical types do be into.

I've been watching episodes 1 2 and 3 a lot recently with the kids. Their favourite episode is The Phantom Menace. There's no denying it kids love Jar Jar and Darth Maul.
Gotta remember that we all got hooked on the originals as kids and are now judging the newer ones as adults. Of course you don't have to be a genius to see how bad the acting and timing is in 1, 2 and 3.

Temple of Doom is shit.

hey! i won't hear a bad word said about temple of doom!

although i don't get the whole idea of indiana jones being best friends with this little guy he's picked up off the streets of shanghai

i guess the 80's were a more innocent time..

remember the films with Clint Eastwood and that monkey.. if i remember correctly, there's a scene where him, the fucking monkey and this woman are in the one sleeping bag..
and Clint turns to the monkey and says "no peeking now, you hear?"

Who wouldn't want to be friends with Shortround?

and seriously, since when is Indiana Jones grounded in plausible situations?

Temple of Doom is great

hey! i won't hear a bad word said about temple of doom!

although i don't get the whole idea of indiana jones being best friends with this little guy he's picked up off the streets of shanghai

i guess the 80's were a more innocent time..

remember the films with Clint Eastwood and that monkey.. if i remember correctly, there's a scene where him, the fucking monkey and this woman are in the one sleeping bag..
and Clint turns to the monkey and says "no peeking now, you hear?"

Ah c'mon! It's piss poor! All the characters are as annoying as fuck. It has the stupidest plot and it's just boring.

On the other hand the Every Which Way films rocked! I named my cat after that orang-utan (not 'monkey').

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back