phantom menace is on (1 Viewer)

it was that or go see virtual sexuality at the time yurn!!1

have you checked out the documentary on the phantom menace dvd? it really is amazing. the bit at the very end where they're at the san francisco premiere and all you can see is lightsabres and roars of excitement as the opening titles appear makes me crai.

Its like Alien Ressurection. You want to like it so badly just so you can love the whole series but you know deep down you never will.

God, what an awful film. Seriously.

Forget the fact it was the most anticipated movie in history - it's just bad. It takes some doing to make fine actors like Neeson and McGregor come across as so wooden. And as for Jar-Jar and that kid!

comic_book_guy.gif

Fuck it.

after years of long deliberation and research (his change of attitude after Empire and it's subsequent effect on Jedi and everything that came after) i have come to the conclusion that George Lucas is a massive cunt.

it was that or go see virtual sexuality at the time yurn!!1

have you checked out the documentary on the phantom menace dvd? it really is amazing. the bit at the very end where they're at the san francisco premiere and all you can see is lightsabres and roars of excitement as the opening titles appear makes me crai.

A couple of months before that came out I was in San Francisco and went to see the Matrix with some friends in the movie house. Before it there was a trailer for the Phantom Menace. The whole fuckin place went mad cheering. Srusly. I was morto.

after years of long deliberation and research (his change of attitude after Empire and it's subsequent effect on Jedi and everything that came after) i have come to the conclusion that George Lucas is a massive cunt.

What attitude would this be?

In fairness the middle section of Jedi is shit. Jabba's palace = awesome. Final fight/space battle= awesome. Admiral Ackbar=awesome. Ewoks=shit. Ewoks taking down the empire=what?

I don't hate the Ewoks. The Ewoks are ok.

To quote a line from Spaced: "Jar-Jar makes the Ewoks look like fucking Shaft!"

What attitude would this be?

In fairness the middle section of Jedi is shit. Jabba's palace = awesome. Final fight/space battle= awesome. Admiral Ackbar=awesome. Ewoks=shit. Ewoks taking down the empire=what?

the original idea for Jedi was not for it to be just a bigger version of the battle from A New Hope, there wasn't even a second death star. Han was scripted to die, Leia relunctantly became queen again and Luke was on his own as the only Jedi travelling to try to find others.

But after Lucas had returned from the enormo-success of Raiders of the Lost Ark he became convinced that what audience wanted was not story but spectacle. his whole attitude shift has been well documented, even by himself. the producer Gary Kurtz from the first two took issue with his new ethos and quit.

there's a good interview with him online somewhere you should check it out.

'good enough' replaced 'cut'. he's not even that big a fan of Empire, cemeting his ugly fat-neck prick status.

"i dont care if you've saved up all your 50 p's, just take them and GET THE HELL OUT!"

"tim can i have a word with you in my office"

I'll have a look for some interviews but I bound to run into all sorts of shit along the way.

Himself and Spielberg clearly don't like Temple Of Doom judging by their interviews on the boxset, it may be my favourite.

the original idea for Jedi was not for it to be just a bigger version of the battle from A New Hope, there wasn't even a second death star. Han was scripted to die, Leia relunctantly became queen again and Luke was on his own as the only Jedi travelling to try to find others.

But after Lucas had returned from the enormo-success of Raiders of the Lost Ark he became convinced that what audience wanted was not story but spectacle. his whole attitude shift has been well documented, even by himself. the producer Gary Kurtz from the first two took issue with his new ethos and quit.

there's a good interview with him online somewhere you should check it out.

'good enough' replaced 'cut'. he's not even that big a fan of Empire, cemeting his ugly fat-neck prick status.

I thought the whole "Han dying" thing was Harrison Ford's idea? Also I'm sure Lucas said he wanted loadsa Wookies in Jedi but ended up with Ewoks cos it was easier to find tons of little people than tons huge people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back