PFA player of the year (1 Viewer)

nofriendo

Good to see kevin doyle get nominated! 60grand!!!!

Drogba and Ronaldo head PFA list

_42806127_drogba_ronaldo203.jpg
Drogba (left0 and Ronaldo have had a major impact this season

Chelsea's Didier Drogba and Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo head the Professional Footballers' Association player of the year award nominations.
United also have Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes as contenders, with Liverpool's Steven Gerrard and Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas in the frame.
Rooney, Ronaldo and Fabregas are also up for a young player of the year gong.
Tottenham's Aaron Lennon, Kevin Doyle of Reading and Manchester City's Micah Richards join them on the list. The voting has already been completed and the results will be announced at a gala dinner on 22 April. More to follow.

Who has been the best of the Irish this year? Doyle probably would have walked it had he not gotten injured. Dunne has had a very good season too, but I reckon Stephen Hunt has been a legend. Skillful, passionate and hardworking.

He even kicked a Chelsea players head in!

Hunt wasn't in the first team for the entire season though, was he?
Yeah, Dunne and Doyle. Finnan had another very solid season. Carsley the bollocks had a decent season too.

Once he got into the side (which was early in the season) , he pretty much stayed there apart from the odd bit of rotation. He's currently my fave Irish player.

Once he got into the side (which was early in the season) , he pretty much stayed there apart from the odd bit of rotation. He's currently my fave Irish player.

You and about 80% of the Irish supporters. He knows how to play the crowd, that's for sure. When he came on against Wales to fuckin' TORE into them. It was great to watch and taught those other ball watching lazy fuckers what it means to put on the green jersey. A touch of the Ray Houghton, although I hope not too much of the Terry Phelan!

gillespie is a twat. let himself be wound up. though how you can get wound up enough to elbow someone in the face in 20 seconds is beyond me? maybe hunt called him the son of a terrorist whore?

gillespie is a twat. let himself be wound up. though how you can get wound up enough to elbow someone in the face in 20 seconds is beyond me? maybe hunt called him the son of a terrorist whore?
ah gillespie...

reminds me of so many players who were allllll potential, and achieved nothing. mark kennedy would be very similar. all the money goes to their heads when they're young, then the get booze and gambling addictions and lose sight of the THE GOAL. both figuritivly and literally.

discuss.

ah gillespie...

reminds me of so many players who were allllll potential, and achieved nothing. mark kennedy would be very similar. all the money goes to their heads when they're young, then the get booze and gambling addictions and lose sight of the THE GOAL. both figuritivly and literally.

discuss.

Kinda like the guy in your class who would ace every test and be a legend on the sports field. They peaked too soon and now work in a bank.

:eek:

Kinda like the guy in your class who would ace every test and be a legend on the sports field. They peaked too soon and now work in a bank.

:eek:
yeah, there's always a big shot, and in school you treat them like a big shot, be it sport, brains, art...whatever, and they go to college, as a big shot, and no matter how good you are, there's better. then the insecurity starts....

Carragher kinda reminds me of Paul Scholes in terms of profile. Top player who just goes about his business.

Sure, Carragher is a great player but John Terry has the initials "J.T" like Justin Timberlake...! And Rio is "street". Whereas Carragher is just a boring scouser, who just happens to be a better defender than both of those two.

Carragher kinda reminds me of Paul Scholes in terms of profile. Top player who just goes about his business.

Sure, Carragher is a great player but John Terry has the initials "J.T" like Justin Timberlake...! And Rio is "street". Whereas Carragher is just a boring scouser, who just happens to be a better defender than both of those two.

eh carragher has the initials J.C. which happen to be the initials of someone very important people:

John Cleese
John C. Reilly
John C. McGinley
Jarvis Cocker

and some other fella i cant remember!

JC = Johnnyc. The rest run me a close 2nd mind.

Aye, but when was the last time you heard Carragher called "JC" by a manager or a commentator? It's JT this, JT that on Sky.

If you called Carragher JC, he'd say "Fuck sake, fella. That's not sound, la!"

JC is dudek's first name auf scouse

jc doodech.

go on. say it out loud.

on the subject of late peaking, that's me

I'm a late peaker

I'm also a late peeker but that's another story. Peking Man.

My prowess at football and life in general is yet to be realised

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back