The Under/Over Rated Players Thread (1 Viewer)

washingcattle

Contributor
Inspired by the PFA player of the year list

and this thread

http://thumped.com/bbs/threads/vasilis-hatzipanagis.89073/

Who are histories forgotten heroes.

Here's to the lads that never got much credit the Dungas, the Ronnie Whelans and the Jean Tiganas of the world

First up most lads who played for Yugoslavia 1988-1992

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/jul/24/newsstory.sport9

Unlucky bastards.

On the other hand Why is Eden Hazard nominated for a PFA award while Leighton Baines isn't ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22216746

Oh and fair play to Michael Carrick. I hope he wins he's been excellent this season. Of course Garteh Bale will probably win and can celebrate like a loon while carrick polishes his league champions medal and Leighton Baines goes on holiday empty handed...again.

like Hatzipanagis Peter Odemwingie was born in Tashkent. not sure what the story behind that is.
yeah i knew all those Croatian guys from the 1998 team won the under 20 cup in 1987. great to know the whole story.
i remember Jugoslavia winning seven qualifiers in a row for Euro 92. what a pity they didn't get to a tournament they would have been favourites to win.
one other heartbreaking thing afterwards was the demise of Darko Pancev's career.

Wigans front eh...7 ?.

Gomez, McCarthy, Kone, McManaman, Maloney, McCarthur.

Really fine players. Fully deserved the FA Cup this season, destroyed us at Goodison and were the better side yesterday.

Delighted to see Martinez win a trophy, made it sweeter that it was City.

Good old David Moyes, of Manchester United, knows a player when he sees one. Chucked out McMananmanmanmanman when he was a little fella. Augurs well, i think.

Wigans front eh...7 ?.

Gomez, McCarthy, Kone, McManaman, Maloney, McCarthur.

Really fine players. Fully deserved the FA Cup this season, destroyed us at Goodison and were the better side yesterday.

Delighted to see Martinez win a trophy, made it sweeter that it was City.

Good players all, going down though, and they won't be back because most of that lot will be in demand from PL clubs. Oddly enough I think Reading are probably in the best shape for next season as the core of that side will stay together.

Good players all, going down though, and they won't be back because most of that lot will be in demand from PL clubs. Oddly enough I think Reading are probably in the best shape for next season as the core of that side will stay together.

Definitely, Reading will be back within a few seasons alright, you'd imagine both Wigan and QPR could plummet though, Portsmaouth won the FA cup and nearly went out of business within a year, I can't see that happening Wigan but QPR could definitely be in real trouble when the rules change about finance.

Wayne Rooney.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23342660

Not that he's not a fine player he is (when he wants to be). But fuck sake 10 million plus Mata or Luiz ? Those two seem to get better and better as they go along. Luiz was excellent in the confed cup and was Benitez's best player last season. Mata is pure class and even got more goals than Rooney last season despite playing far deeper than him.

Rooney's form has been on the slide for the last year and a half. It's getting fucking ridiculous. He say's he doesn't want to move abroad as well. Who'd have the moody cunt ?

Come back to Everton Wayne you can scrap it out with Kone, Jelavic and Anichebe for a starting spot, and yes that's the standard your at now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back